B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry
B.Tech Civil Engineering[Lateral Entry] is all about businesses interested in infrastructure. Candidates involved in such infrastructural organisations may undertake b tech civil engineering degree courses [Lateral Entry]and wish to add their share of the development process through its structure. It gives both opportunities for both the private and government. A structural engineer deals with the construction of highways, dams, walls, bridges, etc.
Civil Engineering is mostly about the design of bridges, dams, buildings, highways, etc. One of the bygone areas of engineering is B Tech Civil Engineering. Civil engineering is the best way you can choose to learn and make a career in it if you want to get rid of potholes and want to change the building system.
B.Tech civil lateral entry is a programme specifically tailored for experienced employees and holders of diplomas. It is essentially a three-year programme in which you can only take entry after you have earned a diploma. You directly get entry into the 2nd year of the BTech programme in this programme.
B.Tech civil lateral entry is the course in the engineering industry which is always in high demand. The engineering that pursued candidates has always opted for it. For those aspirants who wanted to make their careers in civil engineering services, Btech civil lateral entry is for.
B.Tech Civil Engineering Eligibility [Lateral Entry]
The eligibility criteria for civil engineering to pursue is mentioned below for your reference:-
- The candidate must have passed its 10+2 i.e. intermediate with a minimum of 50% marks and subjects should be physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the main subject.
- Diploma holders in the same civil engineering[Lateral Entry] can also pursue the program to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Working professionals who have completed their diploma or started working just after completing their 10+2 can also pursue the program.
Know More – B Tech Lateral Entry
Civil Engineering [Lateral Entry] is one of the oldest engineering programmes. It’s still high on demand and has a lot of competitions. Students who have completed their diploma and want to be admitted to the top government engineering college through lateral entrance examinations are required: Haryana LEET, Joint Lateral Entry Examination (JLEE), DTE Kerala LET, Joint Entry Examination for Lateral Entry (JELET), Panjab, University Lateral Engineering Entry Test (PULEET), Delhi Technical University.
- After the 10 + 2 exams and the applicants who want to enroll in the civil engineering programs, you will take these exams.
- Candidates who have completed a 3-year Civil Engineering degree from a recognized civil engineering company.
- The University can apply for B Tech Lateral Engineering in Civil Engineering for work-related professional programs.
B.Tech [Lateral Entry] in Civil Engineering Admission Process
- The admittance phase of B. Tech lateral entry Civil Engineering means that one can get admission in the same domain immediately after completing his 3-year diploma course.
- Both universities have their own rules and regulations concerning the admission process which is strictly followed by the institutes.
- The admission process is carried out on the basis of the entrance examination and the list of merits.
- Some of the government-oriented universities are admitted in the B.tech Lateral Entry based on the state-level entrance exam scores. They determine the merit and, on its basis, take admission.
- Deemed universities also have their own method of entry review for B. Admission to lateral Tech entrance.
The Lateral Entry Time of B.Tech in Civil Engineering [Lateral Entry] is 3 years
It is 3-years since you get direct enrollment in the second year of the BTech course at BTech lateral entry. The entire course will be completed within the span of the 3-year course.
Know More – Distance/Correspondence B Tech Mechanical Automobile Engineering
The fees for the courses vary from university to university according to their requirements and conditions:-
|University for B.Tech Lateral Entry Civil||Fee Structure for B.Tech lateral Civil Engg|
|Lingaya’s University||Rs 78,000 per year|
|Delhi Technological University||Rs 71,500 per year|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Rs 37,600 per year|
B.Tech Civil Engineering Scholarship [Lateral Entry]
It gives scholarships to various other groups, such as police staff, doctors, para-medical staff, media individuals, paramilitary staff, etc., which is dependent on the list of merits.
- Children of any Police personnel in any State or UT.
- The children of any doctor are private / government children.
- Offspring of Paramedical workers.
- The Media Children.
- Kids of paramilitary staff.
- Children of healthcare staff / local council or housekeepers.
- The following are other scholarship program schemes.
The Curriculum of B. Tech Lateral Entry in Civil Engineering
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Math. 3||Structural Analysis|
|Mechanics of Materials||Geotechnical Engg. 1|
|Transportation Engg. I||Transportation Engg. 2|
|Hydraulic Engg.||Environmental Engg.|
|Surveying||Science Electives (Maths/Physics/Chemistry)|
|–||Humanities Elec. 1|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Life Sciences||Basic Steel Design|
|Geotechnical Engg. 2||Construction Project Management|
|Water Resources Engg.||Humanities Elective 2|
|Basic RC Design||–|
|Hydraulic & Environ. Engg. Lab.||–|
|Construction Material Lab||–|
|Semester 7||Semester 8|
|Humanities Elective 3||Professional Ethics|
Know More – Lingayas B.Tech Evening Course, Admission, Syllabus
The electives offered in the curriculum of B.Tech Lateral Entry in Civil Engineering are as follows:-
- Advanced Prestressed Concrete Structures
- Advanced Foundation Design
- Pavement Design
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Construction Management & Engineering Economics.
- Finite Element Analysis
- Reinforced Earth Structures
- Urban Transport Planning
- Geographic Information System
- Advanced Design of Steel Structures
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
B.Tech Civil Engineering Career Overview [Lateral Entry]
B.tech Civil engineering lateral entry takes up various career opportunities throughout one’s career. It has a wide range of job options such as Research and Development, Design, Manufacturing, System Management, Land Surveyor, Civil Engineer drafter in various big brand MNCs such as TATA, Reliance, Honda, Punj Lloyd, Akme Projects Ltd, BGR energy system, Afcon limited infrastructure, etc.
Government-sector work opportunities like PWD, Electricity Boards, Indian Railways, The Indian Army, etc. have Civil Engineers Lateral Entry vacancies. PSUs like NTPC, ONGC, BHEL, IOC, and so on, have a strong influx of civil engineers
B.tech Lateral civil engineering entry is a program selected from the top list of an engineering program. It provides a huge amount of summary of career over a long period of time.
B.Tech Civil Engineering Placements [Lateral Entry]
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth offers career advice, counselling and conducts student professional development programmes to achieve their career objectives. Industrial tours, seminars, guest lectures are part of these development programmes that assist students in their overall development of personality that plays a key role in their future efforts.
The University has 6-month internships for its final year students and provides all students with 100% placement assistance. A separate team IIDC (Industry Interaction Development Centre) has been working to achieve the professional goals of our students. Vidyapeeth Lingaya has strong relations with TCS, SAMSUNG, WIPRO, MAHINDRA, ICICI, INFOSYS, HDFC BANK, INDIAN OIL, KOTAK BANK, UT PUMPS, SYNTEL to name a few.
Know More – Part-Time B Tech: The Ultimate Guide 2020-21
How to Apply
- There is a different application procedure for each university. Some of the universities take the admission exam for btech lateral entry civil engineering program some take direct admission.
- There are universities like JEE, AIEE, etc. that have their own entrance review procedure or take admission from a test.
- Lingaya University is providing direct admission into civil engineering for BTech lateral entry admission. You do not need to offer admission to any entrance test.
Top Lateral Entry B. Tech Colleges
Some of the top lateral entry BTech colleges for Civil engineering are here for your knowledge:-
- Lingaya’s University
- Delhi Technological University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Jadavpur University
- Pondicherry Engineering Institute
- Thapar Institute of Technology & Institute
- Manipal University
Know More – List of Top B. Tech Colleges In India
B.Tech Lateral Entry Option in Government Colleges
The government colleges offering BTech lateral entry in civil engineering are as follows:-
- Delhi technological Institute
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- PES University, Bengaluru
A few other Popular B. Tech Lateral Entry Programs
B.Tech is a professional course, and one of the aspirants’ most selected undergraduate programs in the education industry. It is a program in which there are many government entrance exams and even most universities take their own admission exams.
BTech has many technical programs but few have been selected mainly by the aspirants. The University of Lingaya also offers all of the BTech lateral entry programs:-
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer science Engineering
- Electronic & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical & Automobile Engineering
Know More – B.Tech For Diploma Holders Courses