As India’s most prominent engineering college, the Indian Institute of Technology refers to all the students who are willing to become engineers and for that, they want to learn from the best engineering college. There are just a select few pupils that are accepted into this college. To successfully apply for admission to the MTech programme at IIT Kharagpur, applicants need to read this article. So, let us begin.
IIT Kharagpur M.Tech Admission 2023
MTech is a postgraduate engineering degree available solely to those who have achieved a Bachelor of Science in technology. To enrol in an MTech programme at IIT Kharagpur, you must register separately on the institute’s official website and on the GATE COAP 2022 page.
GATE registration will open online in April. It is worth mentioning that applicants who have graduated from IIT Kharagpur with a cumulative grade point average of 8.0 or higher are eligible for direct admission to IIT Kharagpur’s MTech programme. Admission to the MTech programme does not require GATE results.
Who can Apply?
- Candidates who have passed the GATE examination.
- B.Tech. graduates from IIT Kharagpur.
- Candidates sponsored by different organizations recognized by the Department of Science and Technology as Research and Development units, applicants sponsored by NIOT or educational institutions certified by the AICTE/UGC/Government, or candidates sponsored by Government/Public Sector Undertakings.
- Candidates of the QIP program.
- In accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding, UOP applicants from a variety of organizations/industries (Memorandum of Understanding).
- Candidates supported by the Department of Defense.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for IIT Kharagpur M.Tech
Each candidate must meet stringent qualifying requirements in order to enrol in the Indian Institute of Technology’s MTech programme. For your convenience, the following are the bare-bones qualifications:
- GATE scores are required for admission to IIT Kharagpur’s MTech programme.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture from an AICTE-accredited university or from a government-accredited university.
- Candidates with master’s degrees in Chemistry/Life Sciences/Mathematics/Physics-related topics from UGC/Government-approved educational institutions may also appear for the GATE test.
- Candidates who have graduated from IIT Kharagpur or are about to graduate with a B.Tech. degree and a CGPA of 8.0 or higher are eligible to enrol in IIT Kharagpur’s MTech course without submitting a GATE score.
- The appropriate Department will assess these applications.
What is GATE?
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an acronym for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an entrance test administered by the Indian Institute of Technology on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the Government of India, and the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE to determine admission to the MTech program.
This test is designed to determine a student’s complete knowledge of a number of undergraduate engineering and scientific subjects in preparation for entrance to a Master’s programme and employment in a range of government sectors.
GATE submits all admission bids via the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). Candidates must register on the COAP portal following their admission exams for inspection and acceptance by IIT Kharagpur. COAP membership is completely free.
The candidate is strongly encouraged to obtain a copy of the COAP 2022 information booklet and to adhere to the Participation Guidelines. COAP, on the other hand, is not a forum for M.Tech admissions.
It is only a technique of acquiring information regarding the GATE Examination results and the cut-off lists for IIT Kharagpur. COAP registration number is a mandatory field on the IIT Kharagpur website for M.Tech admission applications.
How to apply?
Students interested in enrolling in the MTech program at IIT Kharagpur must first register an account on the university’s official website. To register, please follow the procedures outlined below:
- To begin, you must register on the official website of IIT Kharagpur, which allocates seats based on a cut-off list.
- Log on to the website and carefully input your data; you must read the form before submitting it to ensure that you understand the conditions.
- The admissions portal should be used to upload any relevant documentation.
- The needed documents are listed below.
- Pay the fee and retain a copy of the fee receipt.
Keep a soft copy of the following documents (if applicable) ready for uploading at the Website:
- PDF file of your valid GATE scorecard (as originally downloaded).
- Image file of your recent passport size photograph (file in jpeg format, size, Min: 10 kB, Max.: 500kB, -Photo Size, Width: 30 mm, Height: 45 mm)
- Image file of your signature (file in jpeg format, size, Min: 10 KB, Max.: 500 kB Box Size, Width: 80 mm, Height: 35 mm)
- Nationality Certificate (Any of the following: Birth Certificate or First page of your passport or Certificate issued by approved Govt. agency for Nationality)
- Persons with Disabilities are required to upload a certificate of disability from the authorized medical board attached to one of the following: Vocational Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) for Physically Handicapped persons, Special Employment Exchange for Physically Handicapped, Government Hospital (District and State level).
- SC/ST Certificate.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate: To be considered under the OBC category, candidates should upload the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India issued by competent authorities available on the website submission of only BC or MBC certificate will not be treated as OBC category. If any valid OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate copy is not enclosed, the candidate will be treated under the General category.
- EWS Certificate: For General candidates to be considered under the EWS category, they should upload the EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India issued by a competent authority available on the Website. If the certificate neither submitted nor valid, it will be treated under the General category.
- Complete list of courses with the syllabus for ZE/ZS candidates
- Grade Cards / Marksheets till date for All Candidates.
As a result, I’ve provided extensive instructions on how to apply to IIT Kharagpur’s MTech program. Additionally, I’d like to emphasize that you may pursue an MTech degree without taking any admission examinations, since most private schools, such as Shri Venkateshwara University, do not require students to take an admission test.
MTech part-time, MTech working professional, and similar courses are also offered to students who are unable to attend regularly scheduled sessions, and these courses are administered directly by the university. While IIT Kharagpur is unquestionably the greatest university for engineering students, numerous private universities also offer similar education at a reduced cost.