NOTE: The UGC has stopped NMIMS from conducting distance learning courses due to violations of standards. The prohibition will be in effect for one year, until February 2024. Click here for detailed news.
NMIMS Distance MBA or Masters in Business Administration specialized in Operations Management is a postgraduate level degree course. The duration of the course is 2 years which is further divided into 4 semesters.
You learn to skillfully combine organizational strategy fundamentals with operational management concepts throughout the two-year course.
How Is NMIMS Distance MBA In Operations Management?
The course MBA in operations management can be pursued through distance modes of education and many universities are providing this course through distance mode of learning.
NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education of one of the most famous universities that are offering an MBA in Operations Management through a distance learning mode of education.
Read: What Is Online MBA Courses In India?
NMIMS Distance MBA in operations management course builds technical expertise in manufacturing and operational management, sales networks and logistics, procurement management, and quality management to develop the skills of the aspirants.
The operational management MBA course is aimed at enabling students to turn work and raw materials into products and services at minimal cost to optimize profits. The course will allow the students to apply operating concepts effectively, in a real-time business environment.
Read: NMIMS Distance Learning MBA
The students will understand how to optimize productivity with the use of efficient and effective resources. The students practice balancing the costs with revenue to maximize the net profit of the organization during the course.
NMIMS Distance MBA in Operations Management Courses Details 2023
|Full-Form||Masters of Business Administration in Operations Management|
|University Name||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)|
|Duration||Course Duration of MBA(Operations Management) is 2 Years.|
|Age||No age limit|
|Minimum Percentage||50% marks in bachelors degree|
|Fees Incurred||INR 86,000/-|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 1.5 – 18 LPA|
|Employment Roles||Operations Manager, Operations Analyst, Management Consultant, Business Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager, Materials Manager, Supply Chain Manager|
Key Points of NMIMS – Distance MBA in Operations Management
- MBA or Masters of Business Administer specialized in Operations Management is a postgraduate level course.
- The duration of the course is 2 years that is further divided into 4 semesters
- NMIMS is one of the most famous universities that are offering MBA in Operations Management through distance learning mode of education.
- NMIMS is acknowledged and recognized by the UGC-DEB for providing various distance programs to the students.
- All the courses offered by the university through the distance mode of learning are valid according to the guidelines of the University Grant Commission and Distance Education Bureau.
- The MBA in operations management course through distance mode of learning is also a valid course approved by the UGC-DEB.
- The students will learn to skillfully combine organizational strategy fundamentals with operational management concepts throughout the two-year course.
Eligibility Criteria of NMIMS Distance MBA in Operations Management
The students need to follow certain eligibility criteria to pursue the MBA in Operations Management Course at NMIMS. Some of them are mentioned below:-
- The candidates need to clear any bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from any recognized University or an equivalent degree from any institute recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with a minimum of 50% marks at the Graduation Level to get admission.
- The students who have cleared the Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) with less than 50% marks must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience to get admission to the university.
Syllabus of NMIMS Distance MBA in Operations Management
|Semester – 1||Semester – 2|
|Information Systems for Managers||4||Essentials of HRM||4|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||4||Marketing Management||4|
|Business Economics||4||Financial Accounting & Analysis||4|
|Business Communication & Etiquette||4||Strategic Management||4|
|Management Theory and Practice||4||Business Statistics||4|
|Organizational Behavior||4||Business Law||4|
Semester – 3
|Semester – 4|
|Operations and Supply Management||4||World-Class Operations||4|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||4||Operations and Supply Chain Strategies||4|
|Total Quality Management||4||Lean Six Sigma||4|
|Project Management||4||Warehouse Management||4|
|Procurement Management||4||Business: Ethics, Governance, and Risk||4|
|Service Operations Management||4||Project||4|
Fees of NMIMS Distance MBA in Operations Management
- At the time of registration, the initial amount of the program fee is Rs. 5,000/-.
- The University provides our veterans with a 20% program fee concession as well as special benefits.
- The students will have to pay Rs 600/- per subject to pay an examination fee.
- The fee structure for the one-time payer is Rs. 86,000/-. If you are paying the fee on yearly basis then the fee structure is Rs. 47,000/- per year and if you want to pay the semester-wise fee then the fee structure will be rs. 25,000/- per semester.
- Students who are unable to pay the fees in one payment also obtain the loan facility. Without a credit card, you can get a loan facility.
- EMI’s credit card facility is accessible from banks, such as the HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, HSBC Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Career Opportunities After MBA in Operations Management Degree from NMIMS
For MBA graduates in operational management, there are hundreds of job opportunities in the job market. Operations management is an interesting sector, as an operations manager is responsible for taking over the entire role and the entire control authority of the company’s manufacturing unit and departmental operations.
To maximize its benefit at the lowest cost, every firm or organization needs an operating manager. Hence the students will get plenty of job opportunities after getting the knowledge of operations management.
Read: Career After MBA In India
The following is a list of career openings for an MBA degree holder in Operations Management to upgrade their profession:-
|Operations Analyst||Logistics Manager|
|Corporate associate||Consultant and|
|Portfolio manager||Inventory Control Manager|
|Operations General Manager||Credit risk manager|
|Finance analyst||Brand and Sales Manager|
|Supply Chain Manager|
About NMIMS Distance Education
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies is one of the most famous B-Schools in the world. NMIMS was founded in 1981 in Pune, Maharashtra. The institute has been denoted as deemed to be a university in the year 2003 by the Government of India.
NMIMS has also organized the NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education for offering the equal right of education to the students of all sectors of society. The university offers various postgraduate, undergraduate, diploma, and certificate courses to the students through a distance mode of learning.
All the courses offered by the university through the distance mode of learning are valid according to the guidelines of the University Grant Commission and Distance Education Bureau.
NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education is acknowledged and recognized by the University Grant Commission and Distance Education Bureau for providing various distance programs to the students.
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council also accredited the university with Grade A+ in 2018, which is an indication of the highest standards of academic leadership provided by the university. Presently, NMIMS is one of the top 10 B-schools in India.
The university’s mission is to offer students enhanced and up-to-date technology for an enriching and involved online experience which allows them to improve their lifestyle in the 21st century. Click here for a Detailed Guide!
NMIMS Distance MBA Other Specialisations
So, in this blog, all the relevant details about the MBA course in operations management are mentioned for the reference of the students. An MBA course is equivalent to an MBA course and pursuing this course through a distance mode of learning from any university is valid and approved by the UGC-DEB.
NMIMS is also a recognized university approved by the UGC-DEB and also accredited by NAAC with A+ Grade. If you are looking for a university to take admission to MBA in operations management course through distance learning course, then NMIMS university is the best choice for you. I Hope, the blog will help you in making better decisions.