Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a UGC-DEB university that is striving to provide almost all the courses in the distance mode. The university is still making efforts in expanding its infrastructure and from infrastructure, I mean the digital infrastructure.
Important Dates of B.Com IGNOU Admission
IGNOU announces its admission dates timely on the website and students are required to keep a check on the site to get the correct information.
IGNOU July 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 30th June 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honours courses).
The university has its own mobile application and education portal for the purpose of research. The university was established in the year 1985 and currently, it offers more than 227 courses in the distance mode. Furthermore, the degrees of distance courses of IGNOU are as valuable as regular degrees of students as all the programs of IGNOU are valid and approved by the University of Grants Commission.
What Are the Benefits of Doing Distance & Online B.Com Program from IGNOU?
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a well-known distance learning institution in India, established in 1985. The idea of distance education began to take shape in India thanks to a few major universities, one of which was IGNOU.
After Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University is India’s second university to offer distance learning programs. Currently, the university now offers more than 227 programs in distance mode with the help of its education portals and applications.
Since IGNOU is a UGC-DEB accredited university, students receive a valuable degree from the institution. There are some major benefits that a student will get after taking the enrollment in distance B.Com of IGNOU:
- Study material is available in both online and offline modes.
- The printed study material will be delivered to your doorstep.
- The online application process of IGNOU is one of the most convenient processes.
- All the distance degrees are affordable by a large chunk of society.
- All the degrees are valid and widely recognized.
- There are 67 regional centres available across the country.
Also Read | Which B Com Degree Is Best?
What is the Eligibility & Fee Structure for IGNOU Distance & Online B.Com Course?
IGNOU’s selection requirements for all programs are based on merit, students must consider whether they are eligible to enrol before applying for any course.
Students can find the eligibility requirements for any program in the IGNOU prospectus 2023, which is available on the university’s official website. The eligibility criteria of the distance Bachelor in Commerce program of IGNOU are:
- Candidates must possess 10 + 2 or equivalent.
- Candidates must have completed their 10 + 2 from a recognized board.
- There is no maximum age limit to take admission.
Fee Structure: The total academic fee of the B.Com program is Rs. 8,700 and students are required to pay this amount year wise which means they have to pay Rs. 2900 every year.
Students can make payment in both online and offline mode and in offline mode students have the option of demand draft only. Also Read: What is BCom distance education?
How to Apply for Distance B.Com Course in IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2023
- You can download the prospectus of the university in order to get all the information in detail.
- For more information on the IGNOU admissions process, go to their official website.
- Choose the option of “Fresh Admission” on the IGNOU website.
- Go to the Student Enrollment Page and fill out the necessary information in the application form.
- After you’ve filled out all of the necessary information, proceed to upload documents.
- Upload the documents on the portal for verification by the university.
- Documents should be scanned copies of photographs and signatures, scanned copies of prior qualifications, and scanned copies of ID proof.
- After completing the process, students will proceed to pay for their program online via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Students will receive a confirmation mail after one or two months as the university sends confirmation after verifying all the documents.
Also Read | What to Do After B.Com?
IGNOU Distance & Online B.Com Course Prospectus 2023
The university provides a detailed common prospectus with all of the rules and regulations as well as all of the relevant details. Students need to open the official website of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to get detailed information about any program, there is one common prospectus 2023 and the other one is the management prospectus where you can browse information about MBA/PGDM programs.
The Prospectus contains information on eligibility criteria, the application process, the fee structure, the faculty, and other topics. For students, the prospectus is available on the official IGNOU website. Students just need to go to the official website and look for the required materials. Also Read | Which is the highest paid job in commerce?
Placement After IGNOU Distance & Online B.Com Degree
Bachelor in Commerce is one of the most famous courses in India and it is so because it offers a wide choice of job opportunities in the corporates. Students get a good choice of job profiles after the completion of B.Com and they can even pursue their higher studies in streams like Management, Commerce, Literature, and more.
However, IGNOU provides placement assistance to each and every individual with the help of its Campus Placement Cell (CPC). The placement cell of IGNOU is responsible for assisting students in terms of getting jobs and also organizes placement drives, job fairs, and other events to develop employability skills.
Also Read | Top Highest Salary Jobs In India