What Is BA In Journalism Distance Education/ Correspondence?
BA journalism online courses are the one course that gives you great exposure and live work experience. The aspirants who are interested in the news of the surroundings, and are keen to know about the new things coming around the world. BA in journalism and mass communication distance education is the course for such aspirants. In India, there are various job opportunities and career options for BA journalism online courses seeking candidates.
BA in journalism is an undergraduate program that is of 3-year of time span course. BA journalism online courses consist of 6 semesters, 2 semesters in each year. BA journalism online course gives you a lot of career exposure as it allows you to travel the world to collect information in the form of news. BA journalism online courses make you listen to the people’s stories and write over it.
BA journalism online courses are the one course with either let you meet the best person in the world or the biggest criminal. The best part of the BA journalism online course distance/correspondence education that it is divergent. You’re not just emphasizing on one domain, it is about everything around. Be it political, democratic, social, public, criminal, spiritual, religious, entertainment, etc. BA journalism online course distance/correspondence education has spread all over.
There are different courses in the field of journalism online courses distance/ correspondence education as one can do some of the certification courses, diploma courses, or can go for a master’s degree after doing a BA in journalism distance/correspondence education. Mass communication has always been an integral part to gather information and the truth behind every happening.
As the people around the world are dependent on newspapers earlier to get the information, and then television has also become part of the media. Whether it is about entertainment through TV serials, miss-happening to some places, or coverage of different festivals all around the world, all of it has been a part of journalism. There are several options in BA journalism online courses to pursue as if you wanted to make a career in print media or electronic media.
You can venture out of numerous numbers of opportunities in BA journalism online courses. It’s a creative field to pursue, which inculcates both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. BA journalism online courses more about practical knowledge as it allows you to have a lot of field exposure. In this course you will be making news, anchoring, visualizing, writing the script, etc.
Is BA in Journalism Distance Education UGC/DEB approved?
BA Journalism and Mass Communication distance education is a course for aspirants seeking their career in media. It is the course in which one will learn about giving and getting information through multimedia. BA online journalism courses and Mass communication distance education has many career opportunities for the candidates, it’s an education that can also be taken as the mode of distance education.
One can pursue the course through distance mode and take the classes online. University Grant Commission (UGC), and Distance Education Board (DEB) have approved the course BA in journalism and mass communication through distance/correspondence education. It is a big relief for working professionals as they can continue both education and job at the same time. They also can enhance their knowledge and skills with their studies and work experience.
What Is The Benefit Of Distance Course In BA Journalism?
- The benefits of the Correspondence/distance course of BA in Journalism and Mass communication is that one can make its career in media, and multimedia.
- online journalism courses in the course which makes a person live daily at it gives you a daily task to search for something new and make you aware of thing happening around the world.
- BA online journalism courses allow one to work on new challenges daily and make it exciting and interesting projects to work on. Covering the live local news or you have to travel the world for the coverage of different news makes it interesting.
- While working with the most experienced people you will get to learn a lot of new things and skills with online journalism courses. It helps you with the complete growth of the person. Also, they appreciate you with the work which encourages work more.
- In online journalism courses, you will be appreciated as you present your work in front of the whole population. As the audience will the public around it will give more appreciation and enthusiasm. You will gain insights.
- BA online journalism degree allows you to travel the whole world to collect the news from every corner of the world. It makes your career highly interesting and interactive. It also helps in improving communication skills.
- BA in journalism distance education lets you meet a lot of interesting people and lets you listen to their stories. Their struggles, and sins stories.
- BA in journalism distance education helps you know your community. What is going on in the industry and the area of ones surrounding? It brings you deep knowledge about the topic.
BA Online Journalism Courses
BA online journalism courses are the courses that will be pursued through distance/correspondence learning. It is a 3-years undergraduate program that can be completed within 3-5years of time span.
BA online journalism courses have many certifications and diploma courses in media management. One can learn writing and editing, reporting the news, transmedia storytelling, media ethics, social media marketing, design and make infographics, etc.
Online BA In Journalism Courses Details
Online BA in Journalism and Mass communication distance/correspondence is a course in which we study all about journalism. A detailed study of journalism or media from basic to advance level is been taught BA in online journalism courses. We study the history of Mass media, Media market & technology, News introduction, types of writing, Indian Society, communication theories, computers, and their DTP software, functioning of democratic Institutions, press freedom and its law, types of media and management, folk media, online communication, design & graphics, global communication, Indian economy, public relation, radio, religion, education, spiritual, and nation, etc. In BA online journalism courses we study all about journalism from introduction to connecting with the people through media.
Subjects of Distance BA in Journalism
|Language 1 (Native)||Fundamentals of Journalism||Editing Techniques||Basic Audio-Visual Media||Media, Society & Development|
|Internet & New Media||English||Media Laws & Indian Constitution||Media Management||Radio Broadcasting|
|Environment & Media||Magazine Journalism||Introduction to Mass Communication||Reporting Methods||Advertising & Public Relations|
|History of Journalism||Media Criticism||TV Broadcasting||—||—|
Syllabus of Distance BA In Journalism
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Development of Journalism||Understanding News|
|Functional English||Communicative English|
|Introduction to Mass Communication||Creative Journalistic Writing|
|Political Science (Theory)||Governance and Politics|
|Basic Economics||Economic Development and Macro-Economic Issues|
|Hindi: Sanrachna aur Vikas||Hindi Patrakarita our Bhasha|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|News Gathering and Correspondents||Interview Theory & Practice|
|Fundamentals of Computer||Writing for Electronic Media|
|Introduction to Electronic Media||Newspaper Editing & Photo Journalism|
|Indian Economy – Problem and Policy||International Trade and the World Economy|
|International Politics||Public Administration, Society, and Media|
|Hindi aur Angreji Anuvad||New Media & Web Journalism|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Advanced Reporting||Communication for Development|
|Media Laws & Ethics||Crime & Court Reporting, Parliamentary News, Art& Culture Journalism, Entertainment, and Sports Journalism|
|Advertising and Public Relations||Newspaper management|
|Communication Research||Project Report|
Eligibility for Distance BA in Journalism
- The eligibility criteria for BA in journalism is that one has to be passed its 10+2 with an aggregate of 50% in any stream.
- The higher studies should be completed by a recognized university or board.
- Some of the universities have entrance examination criteria that need to be fulfilled.
Duration of Distance BA Journalism Course
- The duration of the course BA in journalism distance education is of 3 years which is divided into 6 semesters in which you study the whole subject knowledge.
- It teaches you everything about the course from basics to advance knowledge.
- One can complete the course BA in journalism distance education within 3 to 5 years of time span.
- It comprises both practical as well as theoretical knowledge of the subject.
What Is The Course Fee of BA In Journalism?
The fee structure of the course depends on the different universities. The fee structure of BA in journalism distance education in different in each university.
The average annual fee of the course BA in journalism distance education is about Rs 20,000 to Rs 1,00,000 per annum. It varies according to the colleges.
Distance BA Journalism Scholarship
The scholarship process for any course depends on the different qualification aspects of the opportunity-seeking candidates. Scholarship for the course BA in journalism distance education has different qualification process.
The Scholarship is something that is awarded to the highly hardworking students and to the deserving candidates who must be having a good percentile in all credentials. The scholarship depends on various other aspects of the aspirants such as:-
- Children of any Police Personnel of any State or UT
- Children of any doctor are it private/government.
- Children of Paramedical staff.
- Children of Media person.
- Children of Paramilitary personnel.
- Children of sanitation workers/municipal committee or housekeeping staff.
- There are no scholarship criteria for distance education-seeking candidates.
Job Opportunities By BA In Journalism
There are plenty of job opportunities after doing a BA in Online journalism courses. One can have many career options such as in media, news channels, or social media. BA online journalism courses have vast career exposure in the industry as per the increasing need for media professionals.
- Media planner
- Social Media Manager
- Human Resource Specialist
- Business Reporter
- Public relation
Open Universities For BA In Journalism Distance Learning
There are several open universities for candidates seeking BA in journalism distance education. Some of the universities are mentioned below for your reference:-
- Venkateshwar open University
- Jaipur National University
- Chandigarh University
- Delhi School of journalism
- Delhi University