New M.A (Environmental Studies) Course Launched by IGNOU from January 2023
Jan 30, 2023 1.1K Reads
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a new post-graduate course in the field of environmental studies- an M.A program in Environmental Studies from the academic session of January 2023.
This is a postgraduate program in the field of environmental studies that is aimed at educating students about the environmental aspects, concerns, and deterioration of the environmental quality and nature in recent times. As per the press release of IGNOU, the program has been introduced to ‘raise the awareness of environmental concerns.
M.A in Environmental Studies follows a modular approach and after completing one year of the program, students will get a Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Studies. This course has been introduced and shall be available from the academic session starting January 2023. The candidates interested in taking up the course can apply to it by visiting the official university website of IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in.
What is the eligibility to take up an M.A in Environmental Studies?
The minimum eligibility criteria to meet before applying to the M.A in Environmental Studies program is that the candidate should be a graduate in Science/Engineering/Agricultural Sciences/Veterinary Science or Forestry Science. The candidate should have completed graduation from a recognised university of India.
What is the fee for the course?
The course fee for the M.A in Environmental Studies program is INR 7500 per year, along with a registration fee of INR 300 in the first year of the course. The full fee details can be checked on the official university website.
How to Apply for M.A in Environmental Studies in IGNOU?
Once you have ensured that you meet the basic eligibility criteria for the course, you can follow the given steps to register and apply for the course:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the university at www.ignou.ac.in.
- On the website, click on the “Register Online” and select “Fresh Admission” from the drop-down menu.
- Upon clicking on the “Fresh Admission” option, you can either enter your existing login credentials or click on the “Click Here for New Registration” button to create new login credentials.
- Once you have your own login ID, you can use it to log in to the website, and then you fill the application form for the course.
- Fill in your necessary personal details, academic details and attach relevant documents to the form for online verification. Indicate the mode in which you wish to receive the learning materials for the course.
- After checking if your details have been filled accurately, you can then submit the documents and the application form.
- Also download a copy of the form for further uses.
Recommended for you