Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the oldest open universities that offer various certificate, diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students. MBA or PGDM in Financial Market Practice is one of the courses offered by IGNOU to interested students through distance mode of learning. Many of the students want to take admission to this course.
IGNOU January 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 31st March 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honours courses).
So, we are here to help you in getting detailed knowledge about the course, the admission procedure, placements, eligibility criteria, etc. Let’s get started.
What is Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice from IGNOU?
Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice from IGNOU is a two-year post-graduation degree course pursued by students who are interested to get in-depth knowledge of financial markets. Financial Markets become the essential part of the economy that helps the economy during financial crises.
Financial markets are a guiding force or may be referred to as the fundamental predictor of the financial stability of the region. Globally, financial markets hit a whole new stage with optimistic signals from around the world after a financial crisis.
This market is going to be more complicated to understand. A good financial marketer needs a tremendous amount of skill and capability of understanding and handling the work of the market.
Deep knowledge of the market and the ability to predict the situation will help in understanding the work of the market. IGNOU Distance MBA or PGDM in Financial Market Practice is a course that provides knowledge of the financial market to the students.
Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice from IGNOU – Course Highlights
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Minimum Duration||2 years|
|Maximum Duration||5 years|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University|
|Admission Process||Based on the OPENMAT entrance examination|
|Course Fee||Rs. 10,800|
|Average Starting salary||INR 5 Lakh to 10 Lakh p.a.|
|Top recruiting companies||Deloitte, KPMG, PwC, EY, Banks|
What Are the Benefits of Doing MBA in Financial Market Practice from IGNOU through Distance Education Mode?
There are certain benefits of doing an MBA in Financial Market Practice from IGNOU through distance education mode. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- There is time flexibility for completing the Distance MBA in Financial Market course from IGNOU. The duration of the course is 2 years but for distance students, there is a time exemption of 5 years which means the students can complete this course in 5 years.
- The classes of the course will be held in online mode. The students can take these classes from anywhere. If the student is unable to take the online class then the student will get the recorded class.
- The fee of the IGNOU MBA or PGDM in Financial Market Practice is a bit lower as compared to other universities.
What is the Eligibility for IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices Courses?
The eligibility criteria to pursue IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Management are as follow:
- Any graduate degree with any discipline with 50% marks is a must to be eligible for taking admission to the course.
- The marks criteria are different for reserved category students which are 45% at graduation level as per Government of Indian rules.
- The student must take an entrance exam named OPENMAT aptitude test conducted by IGNOU for taking admission to Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices Course.
How to Apply for Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices at IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2023
The admission process can be followed online using your laptops, phones, etc as well as offline mediums. Here we are going to explain how to apply for admission both online and offline medium.
Offline IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice Admission 2023
For offline admission, the candidates need to visit the nearest regional center of IGNOU and purchase the prospectus from the admission window. In this, prospectus the admission form is attached. The candidates have to fill this form with accurate details.
Attach the relevant self-attested documents including 2 photographs with the form and submit the form to the admission office. The fee must be paid through Demand Draft drafted in the name of Indira Gandhi National University.
Online IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice Admission 2023
For online admission every student need to follow some steps mentioned below:-
- Download the brochure or prospectus for January 2023 to acquire all the details about admission.
- Check if you are eligible for admission to the Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice course at IGNOU.
- Visit the official website of IGNOU for further admission process.
- Go to the applicant login and click on the button register now to register yourself by filling in the required details.
- After filling up the required details click on the submit button.
- Your username and password will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
- If you are a current user, click the ‘Login’ button that appeared on the homepage, and then click the “Login” button on the login screen, and connect to the username and password.
- Complete the descriptions of personal data, program, qualifications, and correspondence.
- Scanned photography and signature upload (less than 100KB) (less than 50 KB).
- Debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and net banking pay your Application Fee.
- Click the next button after you upload your picture and signature. The Preview Form choice is available. For future reference, save/print your form.
- Passport size photograph.
- Photocopy of 10th, 12th Certificate.
- Scanned Signature.
- Photocopy of SC/ST and other regional certificates (For reserved students).
- OPENMAT Aptitude Test mark sheet.
- Photocopy of Age proof.
IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice Fees Structure 2023
The fee structure of IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice is affordable in comparison to other university courses. The total fee of the course is Rs. 10,800.
The students can pay this fee by drawing up a demand draft in the name of Indira Gandhi National Open University or online by using a debit card/credit card/net banking.
IGNOU Distance MBA Prospectus 2023
A complete prospectus is presented at the university with all the rules and regulations and relevant details. Information on eligibility, admission process, fee structure, faculty, etc. can be found in the Prospectus.
The prospectus of Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice is available for students on the official IGNOU website. Students need to simply visit and find the required material at the official website.
The university leaflet provides information on the content of the electronic report, online classes, and mobile apps. Before applying for admission, students should read the Prospectus once.
IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices Syllabus
The course structure or syllabus of Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices has a total of 21 subjects. These 21 subjects are divided into 11 basic subjects, 5 specialization subjects, 1 Elective subject, 2 Compulsory Subjects, and 1 project submission. The syllabus of IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Market Practices is given below:
|Subject Code||Subject Title|
|MS-1||Management Functions and Behaviour|
|MS-2||Management of Human Resources|
|MS-3||Economic and Social Environment|
|MS-4||Accounting and Finance for Managers|
|MS-5||Management of Machines and Materials|
|MS-6||Marketing for Managers|
|MS-7||Information Systems for Managers|
|MS-8||Quantitative Analysis for Managerial Applications|
|MS-10||Organisational Design, Development and Change|
|Specialization Stream||Subject Title (and Code)|
|Financial Markets Practice||
|Subject Code||Name of Subject (Choose anyone)|
|MS-92||Management of Public Enterprises|
|MS-93||Management of New and Small Enterprises|
|MS-96||Total Quality Management|
|Subject Code||Subject Title|
|MS-91||Advanced Strategic Management|
|MS-95||Research Methodology for Management Decisions|
|MS-100||Project (Equivalent to two Subjects)|
IGNOU Distance MBA in Financial Marketing Practices Placement
There are great career opportunities after completing a Distance MBA in Financial Marketing Practices. By using the knowledge in the right way the degree holders can live a prestigious life.
The students can become investors, stakeholders, mutual fund managers, investment analysts and researchers, debt and shareholder market traders, etc after getting the degree in hand. This course will help you in upgrading your career at the highest peak.
Besides that IGNOU has established a Campus for placement cell for supporting students to get the best placement after completing the course. The students need to submit a resume to the Campus of Placement cell at the nearest regional office of IGNOU.
This article includes all the details about the Distance MBA or PGDM in Financial Market course offered by IGNOU. The degree of Distance MBA in Financial Market Practice is recognized by the UGC-DEB and is valid in the job market.
If you are interested to get an in-depth knowledge of the stock market then this course is best for you. Hope you will find this article informative.