Post Graduate Certificate in Retail Banking
Are you interested in knowing the core knowledge about banking? Do you think you can be a good Finance influencer then the Postgraduate Certificate Program in Retail Banking is for you. In this program, you will learn about every microscopic knowledge about banking, be its savings accounts, mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, debit cards, credit cards, ATM cards, home loans, etc. Retail banks are the banks that focus on the individual. It is all about serving the customers by doing the needful.
It is about handling retail customers rather than handling corporate ones. It deals with individual customers and their financial needs. In Retail banking, one will get knowledge about tip-to-toe banking. You will learn about savings and transactional accounts for an individual customer.
There are three main Retail Bank types:-
- Commercial banks
- Credit loans
- Investment funds
- Commercial banks are those which allow general public individual customers to deposit their money in the banks and they also give loans to the people for investment.
- Inform them about the credit loans offered by the various financial sectors, Insurance sector, and Banking sector. Retail Banking is also known as consumer banking. A credit loan is something that helps you in increasing your credit score by which you can improve your credit and saving deposits.
- You work for customer investment funds giving them knowledge about the best investment schemes and guiding them for the same. Many banks and other organizations offer investment plans. In the course, you will learn about all cons and pros of different investment plans to counsel your customer in the future.
- It deals with the operations of retail banking.
Many customers just wanted to save their money for some purpose such as future perspective, marriage, home, vehicle, etc. Retail banks work for such kinds of customers who want to make individual savings account.
The whole program works on the complete development of an individual. It will work on the hard skill as well as the soft skill of the course-seeking candidate. It will work on your personality development, grooming, and communication skills.
The postgraduate certificate in retail banking program is about giving surfaced knowledge about banking policies and financial policies.
Retail Banking deals with the individual customer rather than working for any Corporate body.
It works for the generalresolving individual customers and resolves their queries reand lated to finance, investment, and savings.
It helps students in acquiring practical knowledge and ace the interview.
The postgraduate certificate Retail banking program has been designed to give the quality of education and experiewith nce and it provides you wempowerbest faculty to empower your career.
The vision of the postgraduate certificate in retail banking program is to inculcate knowledge about retail banking aprovide quality of employees to the banIt is trying to bring the young and energetic banking professionals in the industry so as to see the change in banking work culture.
It is not only trying to work on your hard skill but also on the soft skills to ensure skilled employees.
Retail banking is the second name of consumer banking, thus you are trained to deal with the consumers of the bank. Thus this course makes you a people’s man. This course helps you develop soft skills to deal with people. This course is the perfect mix of banking knowledge and interpersonal skill development.
Some topics that you will learn are Finance and Accounting Fundamentals, RBI rules, Banking structures etc.
Subjects in Retail Banking
Post Graduate Certificate in Retail Banking is a 90 days course that produces top class banking professionals. This course is crafted in 3 months in various modules to impart banking as well as computing knowledge for proper management of accounts. These modules are designed keeping in mind to teach the latest rules and regulations and RBI norms. This is the module wise breakup of subjects that will be taught in the course:
The bank training programs mostly include real visits to the bank branches. They also provide experiences of actual industry scenarios by organizing workshops with industry professionals. This kind of exposure can only come through networking.
Module 1: Retail Banking
|Overview of Banking & Finance||NRE / NRO / EEFC & RFC Account|
|Finance & Accounting Fundamentals||Cash Operations|
|RBI – Roles / Functions||Fund Transfer – RTGS/NEFT/IMPS/NACH|
|Banking Structure & its functions||Clearing Operations & CTS|
|Concept of money and interests||Third-Party Products – Sale & Service|
|Type of Customer||Account Services(Non-financial)|
|KYC/AML Guidelines||Customer Grievance Handling|
|Documentation – CASA||Deliverable Management|
|Lobby Management||ATM Operations|
Module 2: Regulatory Guidelines
- Customer Service
- BCSBI & Labour Law Compliance
Module 3: Banking Sales
- Selling Skills
- Relationship Management
- KYC Guidelines
Module 4: Risk Management
- Preventive Vigilance
- Document Verification Sites – PAN Card, Dl & Aaadhar
- e-Surveillance & Data Capturing
Module 5: Digital Banking
- Digital Banking Channels & Products
- Branchless Banking
- Marketing of Digital Banking Products
- Payment Systems
Module 6: Professional Excellence
- Communication Skills
- Business Etiquettes
- Mock Interviews, Group Discussion
Module 7: Retail Trade
- Balance of Payment & Trade
- FEMA / EXIM / FEDAI Guidelines
- ICC Rules – Incoterms/URC/URR
- Documentation – Bill of Exchange/Invoice/Bill of lading & Airway Bill
- Letter of Credit/Types & Bank Guarantee
- Imports – Buyers Credit & Merchant
- Pre/Post Shipment Exports
- International Finance – Libor/Loan Syndication
- Risk – Currency Risk, Country Risk, Credit Risk, Exchange Risk & Legal Risk
Module 8: MS Excel
- Asics of Excel & Formulas
- VLookup & HLookup
- Pivot Table
- Important Functions
Module 9: Core Banking Solution
Banking is the industry that is never out of employment. Banks are always in the need for the professionals that have knowledge of banking and financial processes that help us to run the bank smoothly. The PG Certificate in Retail Banking helps in producing such individuals that have the proper understanding of the banking and financial process.
The eligibility criteria are very minimal as compared to other courses. To get a Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Banking you must be a graduate from any field. With a minimum of 50% of marks in X, XII and graduation are required to get Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Banking. The maximum age to apply for this diploma is 28 years.
Who is this Program for?
The programs are meticulously crafted for students who have a keen interest in the banking sector. This course gives students the perfect knowledge of Banking, finances and Computer Knowledge which is required to give a student an extra edge to be a world-class retail banker. The students pass out to get placed in top banking and financial institutes such as ICICI, Muthoot Finance, AXIS, HDFC etc.
So if you’re looking to shoot up a career in the ever-growing banking sector, PG Diploma in Retail Banking is for you.