B.Tech Mechanical Engineering [Lateral Entry]
B.Tech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is a program designed for students who have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is a 3-year six-semester program that is designed for diploma holders in Mechanical Engineering.
This program gives diploma holders admission directly in 2 years of the curriculum as they have studied the first year in the diploma. This course is a boon to the diploma holders who want to upgrade their diplomas in B.Tech.
The definition of Mechanical Engineering is the study of Mechanism. Mechanical Engineering is the study, design, development, research, construction, and testing of machines, tools, engines, and every mechanical element. Mechanical Engineering has a lot of demand, especially in the manufacturing industry. This B. Tech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering program opens the opportunity for the diploma holders to go leaps and bounds.
B.Tech Mechanical lateral entry is a course that is always in high demand in the engineering industry. It has always been opted by the engineering seeking candidates. Btech Mechanical lateral entry is for those aspirants who wanted to make their careers in Mechanical engineering services.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Eligibility Criteria [Lateral Entry]
The eligibility criteria of Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is as follows:-
- Engineering Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after 10th can apply in B. Tech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineering Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after 12th can also apply in B. Tech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering.
Know More – Distance/Correspondence B Tech Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Entrance Examination [Lateral Entry]
To take admissions in Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering one has to be first eligible for the course that he must be Diploma in Engineering from Mechanical Engineering. As the students cross the first requirement of taking admission in Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering, he must qualify entrance exams or the cutoff decided by universities.
- DTU has separate exams for lateral entry in which it decides the lateral entry cut off on its limited seats of Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering programs.
- Jamia Millia Islamia also takes the exams to take admissions in Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering programs.
- Private Universities such as Lingayas, Amit University, SV Universities have direct entry into the programs.
This is duly noted that the B. Tech in Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is of three years in every university. Btech mechanical engineering lateral entry syllabus is covered in 6 semesters which includes theory and practicals.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Admission Criteria [Lateral Entry]
The admission criteria of Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is divided into two steps:-
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams
Let’s discuss these two processes of Admission Criteria in detail to make you a thorough understanding of them:-
- Eligibility: The first and foremost step or requirement for admission criteria is the eligibility of the students who are applying for Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering. The students who are applying for Lateral Entry in Mechanical must have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering. This is the must required to take admission to Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering. A student can be 10th or 12th pass out but he must have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering so as to take admission in Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering.
- Entrance Exams: The entrance exams are the next step to take admission in the lateral entry in Mechanical Engineering. Some universities such as DTU, Jamia Millia Islamia University conduct their own exams to take admission in Btech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering. Other universities such as Lingayas and SV university take direct admission to Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering.
Know More – Distance/Correspondence B Tech Mechanical Automobile Engineering
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Duration [Lateral Entry]
The duration of Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is 3 years. The whole curriculum is divided into 6 semesters in which the whole Btech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering syllabus is divided. The Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering syllabus is theoretical and practical.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Course Fees [Lateral Entry]
The course fees of the Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering vary as the universities change. Here is the list of the university and the course fee for Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering:-
|University for B. Tech Lateral Entry in Mechanical||Fee Structure for B. Tech lateral Mechanical Engg|
|Lingaya’s University||Rs 78,000 per year|
|Delhi Technological University||Rs 71,500 per year|
|Jamia Millia Islamia University||Rs 37,600 per year|
Know More – B.Tech Lateral Entry
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Scholarship [Lateral Entry]
The scholarship is the monetary remittance awarded to the students on doing the Btech Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering. There are some universities that offer a scholarship to the students on the basis of some defined criteria which is stated below:-
- Children of any Police Personnel of any State or UT.
- Children of any doctor are it private/government.
- Children of Paramedical staff.
- Children of Media person.
- Children of Paramilitary personnel.
- Children of sanitation workers/municipal committee or housekeeping staff.
- Other scholarship program schemes are as follows.
Not every university has a scholarship program for students. Mainly the government universities offer Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering scholarships. These scholarships are funded either by the state government or the central government depending on the jurisdiction of the university.
Know More – B Tech Lateral Entry
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Curriculum
As we have already stated that Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering is of 3 years. The first year of engineering is already taught in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Here are the curriculum and the Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering subjects that a student studies in his 3 years of the programs.
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Machine Drawing and Computer Graphics||Dynamics of Machinery|
|Applied Thermodynamics||Mechanical Engineering Design|
|Mechanics of Solids||Fluid Mechanics|
|Theory of Machines||Numerical and Statistical Methods|
|Mathematics III||Electrical Machines and Control|
|Mechanics of Solids Practical||Numerical and Statistical Methods|
|Theory of Machines Practical||Fluid Mechanics Practical|
|Applied Thermodynamics Practical||Numerical and Statistical Methods Practical|
|–||Dynamics of Machinery Practical|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Production Technology I||Computer-Aided Design|
|Advanced Mechanical Engineering Design||Internal Combustion Engines|
|Heat and Mass Transfer||Mechanical Vibration|
|Fluid Machines||Advanced Solid Mechanics|
|Industrial Engineering and management||Internal Combustion Engines Practical Production Technology II|
|Fluid Machines Practical||Mechanical Vibration Practical|
|Heat and Mass Transfer Practical||Workshop Practice IV|
|Workshop Practice III||
|Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Measurement and Instrumentation||Computer-Aided Manufacturing|
|Operations Research||Mechanical Handling Equipment|
|Energy Conversion Equipment||Advanced Fluid Mechanics|
|Industrial Tribology||Automobile Engineering|
|Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||Ergonomics|
|Mechatronics||Finite Element Analysis|
|Utilization of Non-Conventional Energy||Maintenance Engineering|
|Waste Heat Utilization||Composite Materials|
|Fracture Mechanics||Automation and Robotics|
|Advanced Manufacturing Systems||Hydraulic and Pneumatic System|
|Measurements and Instrumentation Practical||Power Plant Engineering|
|Energy Conversion Equipment Practical||Environmental Engineering|
The Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering syllabus is divided over 3 years in 6 semesters in a meticulous way to teach.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Elective Subjects [Lateral Entry]
As the name suggests there is some Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering subjects that are elected by the students. Here is the list of the subject that are electives in the Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering:-
|Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing||Soft Computing Techniques in Mechanical Engineering|
|Advanced Manufacturing Processes||Tribology|
|Air-Conditioning and Ventilation||Theory of Composite Materials|
|Supply Chain Management||Artificial Intelligence & Neuro-Fuzzy Theory|
|Vibrations||MEMS & Microsystems Technology|
|Engineering Measurements||Compressible Flows|
|Operations Management||Convective Heat & Mass Transfer|
|Finite Element Methods in Engineering||Turbulence|
|Advanced Fluid Dynamics||Microfluidics|
|Conduction & Radiation Heat Transfer||Experimental Fluid Mechanics|
|Two-Phase Flow Heat Transfer||—|
Know More – Master Of Technology [M.Tech] Distance Education – Course Overview
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Career Overview [Lateral Entry]
After completing Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering, a student is exposed to a range of career options. Some of them are mentioned here:-
- Campus Placements: The students can be placed in top companies through campus placements conducted by the colleges and universities. This opens up a vast sea of opportunities to the students who want to make their careers in Mechanical Engineering.
- Join Private Companies: There are a large number of private companies that are available for Mechanical Engineers. Companies such as TATA Steel, JSW, L&T, Mahindra, etc are some of the companies that require Mechanical Engineers.
- Apply in Government Sectors: Various government departments such as PWD, CPWD, Electricity departments, NHAI etc. have requirements of Mechanical Engineering.
- Opportunity in PSU: PSU such as NTPC, ONGC, NHPC, BHEL have requirements of Mechanical Engineers and offer good salary and perks to the Mechanical Engineers.
- Higher Studies: After Lateral Entry in Mechanical Engineering a student can pursue higher studies such as MTech and MBA.
Know More – What Is Part-Time M Tech
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Placements [Lateral Entry]
Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth gives career direction, counseling, and conducts proficient improvement programs for understudies to seek after their career objectives. Mechanical visits, Workshops, etc are some of the development programs that make a difference in the graduates in personality development which plays a key part in their future endeavors.
The College has 6 months’ internship for the last year’s understudies and gives 100% situational help to all understudies. To attain the objectives of students, a dedicated team IIDC (Industry Interaction Advancement Middle) has been working. Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth has close ties with Top-notch companies such as TCS, SAMSUNG, WIPRO, MAHINDRA, ICICI, INFOSYS, HDFC BANK, INDIAN OIL, KOTAK BANK, UT PUMPS, SYNTEL.
Know More – B Tech Distance Education
Top Lateral Entry B.Tech Colleges
Some of the top lateral entry BTech colleges for Civil engineering are here for your knowledge:-
- Lingaya’s University
- Delhi Technological University
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Jadavpur University
- Pondicherry Engineering Institute
- Thapar Institute of Technology & Institute
- Manipal University
Know More – B Tech Online
B.Tech Lateral Entry in Government Colleges
The government colleges offering BTech lateral entry in civil engineering are as follows:-
- Delhi technological Institute
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- PES University, Bengaluru
Know More – Is B Tech Distance Education Valid?