As India’s most prominent engineering college, the Indian Institute of Technology refers to all the students who are willing to become engineers and for that, they want to learn from the best engineering college.
There are just a select few pupils that are accepted into this college. To successfully apply for admission to the MTech programme at IIT Hyderabad, applicants need to read this article. So, let us begin.
IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2023
MTech is a postgraduate engineering degree that is only offered to people with a Bachelor of Science in technology. To apply for an MTech program at IIT Hyderabad, you must register separately on the institute’s official website and the GATE COAP 2022 page.
Online registration for GATE will open in April. GATE scores are not required for admission to the MTech for the students who have completed their BTech from IIT Hyderabad. The applicants who graduated from IIT Hyderabad with a cumulative grade point average of 8.0 or better are eligible for direct admission to the MTech program at IIT Hyderabad.
Who can Apply?
- Candidates who have obtained a passing score on the GATE test.
- IIT Hyderabad graduates with a B.Tech.
- Candidates sponsored by various organizations designated as Research and Development units by the Department of Science and Technology, applicants supported by NIOT or educational institutions accredited by the AICTE/UGC/Government, or candidates sponsored by Government/Public Sector Undertakings.
- Qualified candidates for the QIP program.
- UOP candidates from a range of organizations/industries are eligible to apply under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (Memorandum of Understanding).
- The Department of Defense endorses candidates.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for IIT Hyderabad M.Tech
Each candidate must fulfil tough admission standards in order to enrol in the MTech programme at the Indian Institute of Technology. The following are the bare-bones credentials for your convenience:
- Admission to IIT Hyderabad’s MTech programme requires GATE results.
- Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, technology, or architecture from an AICTE-accredited institution or a government-accredited institution.
- Candidates with master’s degrees in Chemistry/Life Sciences/Mathematics/Physics-related subjects from UGC/Government-approved educational institutions may also sit for the GATE exam.
- Candidates who have graduated from or are about to graduate from IIT Hyderabad with a B.Tech. degree and a cumulative grade point average of 8.0 or better are eligible to enrol in IIT Hyderabad’s MTech programme without submitting a GATE score.
- These applications will be evaluated by the relevant Department.
What is GATE?
GATE is an abbreviation for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This examination is intended to ascertain a student’s comprehensive understanding of a variety of undergraduate engineering and science courses in preparation for admission to a Master’s program and employment in a variety of government sectors.
It is an entrance examination administered by the Indian Institute of Technology on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), the Government of India, and the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE for the purpose of determining admission to the MTech program.
All admission bids are submitted by GATE via the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP). Membership in COAP is absolutely free. Following their entrance examinations, candidates must register on the COAP site for inspection and acceptance by IIT Hyderabad.
The candidate is highly advised to receive a copy of the COAP 2022 information booklet and to follow the Participation Guidelines. COAP registration number is a required field on the IIT Hyderabad website while applying for M.Tech admissions.
It is not an admissions forum for M.Tech. It is only a method of obtaining information about the GATE Examination results and IIT Hyderabad’s cut-off lists.
How to apply?
Students interested in enrolling in IIT Hyderabad’s MTech degree must create an account on the university’s official website first. Please follow the steps mentioned below to register:
- To begin, you must register on IIT Hyderabad’s official website, which assigns seats based on a cut-off list.
- Log in to the website and enter your data carefully; you must read the form well before submitting it to confirm that you understand the terms.
- Upload any necessary paperwork via the admissions site.
- The documents required are mentioned below.
- Payment of the fee is required, and a copy of the fee receipt is retained.
Keep a soft copy of the following documents (if applicable) ready for uploading at the Website:
- PDF file of your valid GATE scorecard (as originally downloaded).
- Image file of your recent passport size photograph (file in jpeg format, size, Min: 10 kB, Max.: 500kB, -Photo Size, Width: 30 mm, Height: 45 mm)
- Image file of your signature (file in jpeg format, size, Min: 10 KB, Max.: 500 kB Box Size, Width: 80 mm, Height: 35 mm)
- Nationality Certificate (Any of the following: Birth Certificate or First page of your passport or Certificate issued by approved Govt. agency for Nationality)
- Persons with Disability are required to upload a certificate of disability from the authorized medical board attached to one of the following: Vocational Rehabilitation Centre (VRC) for Physically Handicapped persons, Special Employment Exchange for Physically Handicapped, Government Hospital (District and State level).
- SC/ST Certificate.
- OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate: To be considered under the OBC category, candidates should upload the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India issued by competent authorities available on the website submission of only BC or MBC certificate will not be treated as OBC category. If any valid OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate copy is not enclosed, the candidate will be treated under the General category.
- EWS Certificate: For General candidates to be considered under the EWS category, they should upload the EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India issued by a competent authority available on the Website. If the certificate neither submitted nor valid, it will be treated under the General category.
- Complete list of courses with the syllabus for ZE/ZS candidates
- Grade Cards / Marksheets till date for All Candidates.
While IIT Hyderabad is without a doubt the best university for engineering students, other private institutions also offer comparable education at a lower cost. As a result, I’ve included detailed advice on how to apply to the MTech program at IIT Hyderabad.
Additionally, I’d like to emphasize that you can pursue an MTech degree without taking any entrance exams, since the majority of private institutions, including Shri Venkateshwara University, do not require students to take an entrance test.
MTech part-time, MTech working professional, and similar courses are also available to students who are unable to attend regularly scheduled sessions and are managed by the university directly.