PGDBM is similar to the MBA program as it consists of a similar syllabus, subjects, and duration. It is a program that consists of both theoretical as well as practical knowledge. Theoretical knowledge such as deep subject matter study and practical knowledge means workshops, seminars, and other personality development classes.
What is Distance PGDBM?
Distance PGDBM is a Postgraduate Degree in Business Administration in which you will be studying business and management skills. It is a 2-year postgraduate program that is divided into 4 semesters of six months each. It is a course for the aspirants who want to make a career in developing business administration in top MNCs or can even become entrepreneurs.
It is a valid course by AICTE and UGC. University Grant Commission is a statutory regulatory body of Government under the Act 1956, It regulates to look into the standard of teaching, examination, maintenance, coordination, and research in the university and also provides colleges and universities with the financial help per their performance.
Read: UGC AICTE Approved Distance MBA Colleges.
Distance PGDBM inculcates the gist of knowledge of the course in various fields such as financial skills, Marketing Skills, Operations, Accounting, Taxation, etc. it enhances your analytical skills, remedial skills, diagnosis skills, problem-solving skills, and current affair updates. Distance PGDBM develops the skills by which a candidate can understand how to run a business or work in a firm using such learning tactics.
Specializations of Distance PGDBM
Distance PGDBM offers various specializations as per its requirement in the job market. There are some profiles that have high demand in jobs so we need more specialized candidates for all those particular domains for that we have a PGDBM program so that you can do the course and as it’s on distance mode you can do the program without leaving your current job. Also Read: NMIMS Distance Learning MBA Course.
Here we mentioned distance PGDBM specialization courses:-
- PGDM in Marketing
- PGDM in Finance
- PGDM in Human resources
- PGDM in Operations
- PGDM in Information and Technology
- PGDM in Research and Analytics
- PGDM in International Finance
- PGDM in Enterprises Management
- PGDM in Supply Chain and Logistic
- PGDM in International Business
- PGDBM in Retail Management
- PGDBM in Banking and finance
What is the Eligibility Criteria of PGDBM?
The eligibility criteria for the Distance PGDBM course is that the candidate must have the degree of a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% or above marks. The minimum marks criteria will be based on the university to the university. The reserve candidates will get some relaxation on the marks criteria. Also Read: PGDM Distance Learning – Two Years Programme.
Candidates who have cleared the entrance examinations like CAT, XAT, MAT, GMAT, CMAT, etc are also eligible to take admission to the distance PGDBM course. Some of the universities conduct the written examination for the entrance and personal or face to face interviews of the candidates for admission in the Distance PGDBM course.
What is the Duration of Distance PGDBM?
The duration of the Post-Graduation Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) pursued through distance learning is only one year. The PGDBM course is an equivalent course to the MBA course but as it is a diploma course the duration of the PGDBM course is less than the duration of the MBA degree.
During this one year program, the students will get the knowledge and skills of all the relevant topics of management. There are various specializations available during the PGDBM course and the duration of all the specialization courses are the same that is the time span of one year.
Fee Structure of Distance PGDBM
Students can pay a fee for Distance PGDBM in three different modes:-
- Full fee payment: Students can pay Rs. 60,000 to Rs 2,00,000 in one go while taking admission at the beginning of the course.
- Annual fee payment: Students have to pay an annual fee which varies from Rs. 15,000 to Rs 50,000 which they have to pay at the beginning of all the years during the course.
- Semester wise payment: Students can pay fees before each semester and the fee that they have to pay before every semester is Rs. 15,000 to Rs 25,000.
There is also an admission fee which students need to pay and it is Rs. 1,200, which is to be paid in some universities depending on its structure of admission.
What are the Subjects/Syllabus of Distance PGDBM
Distance PGDBM is a program that consists of various subjects that are divided into four semesters of six months each in that 2-year of program. The complete details of the subjects in the program are as follows:-
|Management Theory and Practice||Business Communications|
|Organizational Behaviour||Essentials of HRM|
|Marketing Management||Business Law|
|Business Economics||Strategic Management|
|Financial Accounting and Analysis||Operational Management|
|Information System for Managers||Decision Science|
|Organizational Theory Structure and Design||Corporate Finance|
|Cost and Management Accounting||Sales Management|
|Consumer Behaviour||Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Management|
|Digital Marketing||Business: Ethics, Governance & Risk|
|International Business||Research Methodology|
Course Details of Distance PGDBM
Distance PGDBM as we know is a 2-year postgraduate degree so it consists of subjects that are divided into four semesters in which topics are taught from the basics level to the advanced.
This course enables you to learn various skills as well as it will help you in enhancing your personality development. It works on both your interpersonal and intrapersonal skills by working on verbal and non-verbal.
It is a course that has both theoretical as well as practical learning. It starts from the basics to the advanced study of the subject. Some of the common subjects of distance PGDBM are business communication, digital marketing, finance, taxation, Research, Business Ethics, etc.
Career/Scope of Distance PGDBM
Before thinking about joining any course the first question that arrives in everyone’s mind is what career opportunities we can get after completing this course? So, we are here to give you the answer about what career opportunities the students will get after completing the PGDBM course.
A Postgraduate diploma in business management is a course that is designed to build-up the career of aspirants at a height. There are plenty of career scopes that one can get to live a successful lifestyle. If one is already enrolled in the job pursuing this course he or she can upgrade his or her post with the existing company or can apply to other top-notch companies to a better post.
If someone wants to research any specific topic of management studies or wants to pursue a doctorate, they can further go for a Ph.D. course. There are many fields like Business Manager, Marketing Manager, Financial Manager, Business Analyst, Foreign trade experts, Financial analyst, Business consultant, Human Resources, Banking, Accounting, Insurance, etc where students can apply for after getting the degree of PGDM.
Job Opportunities for Distance PGDBM
- Business Manager- The role of Business managers is to administrate and lead the organization’s employees. They create the tasks for the employees, make strategies for ensuring productivity, and implement those strategies to the employees.
- Marketing Manager- The job of marketing managers is they need to create marketing policies and strategies for the company’s product in which they need to create demand for the product of the company, set price limits, and monitor the marketing trends to maximize the profit of the company.
- Financial Manager- Financial Managers are making decisions on the transactions of the company, they make the budget for the company and support the executive team.Business Consultant- Business consultant gives the consultancy for the organization to improve its performance and efficiency. Their work is to analyze the business and give solutions to their problems.
- Human Resources Management- Their work is to recruit employees for the company and take care of the facilities they should have during the job. They need to maintain the record of the employees of the company.
- Public Relations Officer- The role of public relations officer is to maintain the reputation of the office in the eyes of the public. They should have good influence power so that they can influence someone easily.
Some of the other Job opportunities of distance PGDBM are as follows:-
The universities that are offering the Distance PGDBM not only give you knowledge instead of that they are providing the facility of placements based on the performance of the students.
The universities are tied up with the top hiring companies like VIVO India, Tata Communications, Bajaj Electricals, HCL, Michelin, Accenture, Dell, Infosys, JP Morgan, HDFC, McKinsey, Google, Edelweiss Tokio, etc. in which they will send your profiles and give you the placements at the good posts.
Universities offering Distance PGDBM Programs
There are several universities that are now offering PGDBM courses for their aspirants as it’s a course similar to the distance MBA program. Some of the universities that are offering distance PGDBM courses are as follows for your reference:-
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Lovely Professional University
- Symbiosis Centre Of Distance Learning
- IMT Ghaziabad
- Amity University
- Jain University, Bangalore
With the complete read of this blog, you will definitely clear all your doubts regarding the course distance PGDBM. Here we tried to clear all the queries and important points to be noted while enrolling itself in this program. Hope we have successfully done our work for the same.