What is Distance M.Tech?
Distance M.Tech is a 2-year postgraduate degree in which the candidates who have completed their bachelor’s degree in engineering can take the master’s degree with a particular specialization. Distance M Tech is a favorable course for the students who are willing to do the course but don’t want to leave their current job.
For such candidates it allows them to do the course along with the job. It is basically a technical degree which is for the students who have taken physics, chemistry, and mathematics in their intermediate and bachelor’s degree as a core subject and wanted to make their career in the technical field.
There are many job profiles in the engineering field such as civil engineer, computer engineer, mechanical engineer, etc. Numerous universities are there that offer distance M Tech degrees to the aspirants. And the admission process is easy to proceed with. So today we will tell you the complete admission procedure of admission in the distance Mtech program here in this blog.
The Admission Process of Distance M.Tech
Mtech is a degree program that plays a major part in the labor market. Due to the fact that this is a specialized program leading to a master’s degree, several colleges offer the course. Entry to such technical courses is mostly determined by a few entrance tests administered by the higher education authority, but some institutions have their own admission requirements depending on their own entrance review, merit list, or other criteria.
GATE is the test for Mtech. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is the education authority’s largest examination; it is used to determine entry to technical master’s programs or master’s programs in engineering. Certain colleges admit students based on their merit list, which is the percentile of the total college qualifications.
Additionally, we provide other online exams such as the IPU CET, the PGCET, the UPSEE, the TANCET, the BHU PET, the Karnataka PGCET, the CUCET, the BITS HD, the AJEE, the KIITEE, and the ITM NEST. These are the multiple entrance exams for admission to distance Mtech courses.
To be admitted to a distance Mtech program, applicants must meet the minimum qualifying requirements, which include possessing a bachelor’s degree. To be admitted to a distance Mtech program, you must have a minimum of 45 to 50 percent in your bachelor’s degree.
Institutions can have varying criteria for tenure-track status. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in a similar discipline, such as chemistry, or a postgraduate degree from a recognized university in order to be accepted to the MTech (MS, MSA, MEng, MS in Engineering) program.
Graduates with a Master of Programming Aptitude and an engineering degree would be qualified to enroll in a technical computer design software program. As previously said, this course’s primary purpose is to assist students interested in earning a higher degree while keeping their existing work profile.
Thus, having a professional degree precludes the applicant from enrolling in distance or online courses, despite the fact that the college system already provides distance M Tech degrees that do not require the candidate to abandon their current job.
Certain colleges also have their own admissions exam for distance Mtech programs or for any M.Tech degree program. These are the top engineering schools in India: IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, and IIT BHU, which offer M Tech degrees to all its aspiring aspirants.
Apart from these steps let’s discuss how to follow the admission process by taking basic steps:
Registration process – To take admission in any of the programs in any university at first the candidate is required to do the registration process for that course which can be done on the university’s official website.
Application Form – After completing the registration process it’s now time to fill the application form for admission in distance Mtech for which at first you need to fill in all the correct information of your last qualification.
Upload Photo & Signature – After all the process now you need to upload your recent passport size photograph and scanned signature.
Submit Fees – Submit fees for the application process as well as semesters or yearly fees of the distance Mtech program.
List of Distance M.Tech Specializations
- MTech Information Technology
- MTech in Computer Science
- MTech in Mechanical Engineering
- MTech in Mechanical Production Engineering
- MTech in Mechanical Design Engineering
- MTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- MTech in ECE Embedded System
- MTech in Communication Engineering
- MTech in Agriculture Informatics
- MTech in Biotechnology Engineering
- MTech in Biomedical Engineering
- MTech in Bioinformatics Engineering
- MTech in Civil Engineering
- MTech in Environmental Engineering
- MTech in Structural Engineering
- MTech in Transportation Engineering
- MTech in Constructional Engineering
- MTech in Process Engineering
- MTech in Robotics
- MTech in Cyber Security
- MTech in Power Electronics
- MTech in Energy Engineering
Now let’s have a look at the Top Universities offering M.Tech Degree
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Karnataka State Open University, Mysore
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kerala
- Nalanda Open University, Patna
- Lingayas University, Faridabad
- Shobhit University, Meerut
- SV University, Gajraula
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- DY Patil College of Engineering
- JNTU, Hyderabad
Here you have learned the complete steps to be taken in the admission process of distance Mtech. Also, the other steps should be done while filling the application form.
We also have listed out the specialization and the top colleges that are offering M Tech degrees. Though as per your information we would like to tell you that a distance M Tech degree is not valid as per the UGC-AICTE guidelines. So while taking admission look for the same.