Master of Business Administration is a 2-year PG program that helps students in becoming management experts. This program imparts a deep understanding of administration, marketing, and management in different domains such as Finance, Human Resource Management, etc.
It is also evident that the demand for the program is growing by leaps and bounds as more and more universities are providing it in the distance learning mode.
Top 20 Distance MBA Colleges In India: Introduction
The biggest advantage of an MBA distance learning is that it admits students from every stream and teaches them skills like business communication, leadership, research-oriented skills, business management, entrepreneurship, analytical thinking, and develops a critical eye to judge even the nuances.
As more and more students are developing interests in the management of business administration, more and more universities have come up which are offering both regular MBA and distance MBA.
Nowadays students are having a plethora of choices in Business schools or MBA colleges. But this is creating confusion and most of the time students remain dangling between different colleges. This blog will provide you with a list of the top 20 MBA colleges in India ranked highest in India by NIRF.
Top 20 Distance MBA Colleges In India Ranked By NIRF
|Location||NIRF Ranking 2020||
NIRF Ranking 2019
|Indian Institute of Management||Ahmedabad (Gujarat)||1||2|
|Indian Institute of Management||Bangalore (Karnataka)||2||1|
|Indian Institute of Management||Calcutta (West Bengal)||3||3|
|Indian Institute of Management||Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)||4||4|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kharagpur (West Bengal)||5||6|
|Indian Institute of Management||Kozhikode (Kerala)||6||8|
|Indian Institute of Management||Indore (Madhya Pradesh)||7||5|
|Indian Institute of Technology||New Delhi (Delhi)||8||9|
|Xavier Labor Relations Institute||Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)||9||7|
|Management Development Institute||Gurugram (Haryana)||10||12|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Bombay (Maharashtra)||11||10|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Roorkee (Uttarakhand)||12||11|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering||Mumbai (Maharashtra)||12||29|
|Indian Institute of Technology, Madras||Chennai (Tamil Nadu)||14||15|
|Indian Institute of Management||Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)||15||14|
|Indian Institute of Technology||Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)||16||22|
|Indian Institute of Management||Udaipur (Rajasthan)||17||13|
|S.P. Jain Institute of Management and research||Mumbai (Maharashtra)||18||16|
|Indian Institute of Management||Raipur (Chhattisgarh)||19||19|
Distance MBA Eligibility Criteria
Both distance MBA and regular MBA have their own different criteria to give admission to students. Apart from this, the eligibility criteria for an MBA are dependent on the university. Students are required to give entrance tests for admission in a regular MBA whereas entrance tests are not the requirement for admission in a distance MBA.
Here is the list of the standard eligibility criteria of most of the universities to take admission in MBA distance learning:
- Students are required to pass the examination of bachelor’s in any stream with a minimum percentage of 50%
- Students need to make sure that they have issued their graduation/Bachelor’s degree from a UGC recognized university
How Can You Choose One Perfect Distance MBA College For You?
There are different parameters on which you can judge which college would be the best choice for you. All you need to know is what you need from a college and then search for a college that matches your demand. Here is the list of different factors which can help you in choosing an apt distance MBA college for you:
- A College Should Be Resourceful Enough To Nurture Skills: Earlier, distance education was limited to emails only, but now online teaching has taken the biggest part of distance education. A college should have the tools necessary to learn the skills that are important to thrive in a competitive setting such as management, marketing, administration, leadership, etc. Students typically go for administration jobs after completing an MBA or PGDM, so colleges that offer PGDM programs in a variety of specializations, should meet the needs of future managers. Hence, students should research all of the PGDM or distance MBA specializations that are available, as well as the faculty members who teach them.
- Placement Assistance: Since most distance MBA students are put in good firms even in their colleges, campus placement is the most important factor for them. As a result, students can study college placement drive patterns in the past and compare which colleges invite the most and largest companies.
- Choose A Recognized University: Since distance education has taken its pace then students need to be aware of universities that are not recognized or do not have the approval of providing higher education. Students need to make sure that the university they are choosing is approved by the University Grants Commission and the Distance Education Bureau or Council. Otherwise, the degree from an unrecognized university will not be valid or will hold no importance.
Distance MBA Popular Specializations
MBA or Master’s in Business Administration via distance learning offers varied specializations to students. Hence, students get the choice to study different areas of management deeply. Some of the popular specializations of distance MBA are:-
- MBA in Business Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in Retail Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in International Trade Management
- MBA in Banking and Finance management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Information Technology and Systems Management
Students can choose any specialization of distance MBA to make their career or working professionals can shift in their job profile by choosing MBA in a particular area as the degree of distance MBA is considered to be equal to a regular MBA.
Distance MBA Career Opportunities
Distance MBA or MBA for working professionals via distance mode can help you immensely either in getting a high profile job or shifting to something new. Distance MBA in any specialization will help you in upgrading your career and opens up more opportunities for you. Here is the list of all the job profiles that are open to you after MBA distance learning:-
|Business Development Manager||Business adviser||Brand Manager||Marketing Strategist|
|Market Research Analyst||Sales Manager||Supply Chain Manager||Management Consultant|
|Product Manager||Accounting Head||Inventory Control Manager||Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator|
|Warehouse Operations Manager||Material Manager||Logistics Manager||System Support Manager|
Read: MBA Salary In India
Distance Mba Colleges In India: Conclusion
Students who are flummoxed regarding the choice of a good MBA college for distance learning should read this blog to the full to reach a conclusion. The blog has included the list of all the top 20 MBA colleges in India ranked by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), available specializations of distance MBA, Career Opportunities, and tips to choose a suitable MBA college.