B.Tech, i.e, Bachelors of Technology is yet another high selling course among the fresh pass outs. The course comes with a wider understanding of technological development. It is a research-oriented course that delves into the areas of science and the advancement of technology. The course has specialization in different domains and covers the practical areas of knowledge.
IGNOU January 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 31st March 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honours courses).
Course Details of Distance B. Tech. at IGNOU
|Full Form||Distance B. Tech. (Bachelor’s in Technology)|
|Duration||Duration of the course is up till 4 years minimum and 10 years maximum|
|Age||No age limit specifically|
|Requirements||+2 passing certificate in any relevant stream from a recognized board|
|Fees Structure||INR 20, 000 (total amount)|
B Tech is a 4 year-long undergraduate course and is available in both regular or distance modes of education. The students with an interest in the technological and engineering field are the ones made for this course. IGNOU offers B. Tech. in one domain and is much more affordable than what the regular mode will provide you.
What Are the Benefits of Doing B.Tech from IGNOU through Distance Education Mode?
IGNOU; Indira Gandhi National Open University is an open university made for offering distance and online modes of education throughout the country.
The university was initiated in the year 1985 by the Act of Parliament. IGNOU is a globally recognized university by the UGC-DEB and therefore, the degree by IGNOU is genuine and reliable.
IGNOU offers reasonable fees for almost all the courses and is very affordable. IGNOU also maintains a placement cell for the students to provide them with job options and placements.
- IGNOU offers B. Tech. in only one domain, i.e., Construction Management. Hence, it is a good option for those with an interest in civil engineering.
- IGNOU is one of the most known universities in India offering distance education to all the areas of India.
- IGNOU is approved by the UGC and therefore, it has a reputation and dignity that makes it unique.
- IGNOU is known to provide a marvellous faculty with no complaints regarding the study material or the classes.
- It has more than 200 programs along with a faculty of 800 members spread all over the country.
- The university has 67 regional centres with 21 departments, thus it opens a variety of options to explore.
- Hence, there are countless reasons why B. Tech. becomes a beneficial course from IGNOU.
IGNOU Distance B Tech Syllabus
IGNOU offers B. Tech in Construction Management and no other domain. The course is offered to provide a practical understanding of the subject by giving training and on-field experiences. The subjects covered under the course are:
IGNOU Distance B Tech Fees Structure 2023
IGNOU is known to offer an affordable fee structure for almost all the courses. Considering the financial stability of the candidates, IGNOU offers rather reasonable courses to the students.
The online mode of education has its own advantages and one such advantage of online and distance education is the affordable fee structure.
The fee structure for B. Tech. Civil at IGNOU is INR 20, 000 overall for the whole 4 years. The duration of the course is a minimum of 4 years and a maximum of 10 years. Read: B Tech Part Time Approved by AICTE!
IGNOU Distance B.Tech Study Material
- IGNOU is a highly recognized university and considering the dignity of its own, the university believes in offering the best faculty and facilities to the students.
- IGNOU is pretty precise with the study material it provides. The university has the e-study material posted on its official website.
- The students who have enrolled themselves in the course can find the study material online on the main admissions website just after they get done with the admission process.
- The university also provides offline study material to the students which they have to collect from any of the regional centres.
- Also, the university maintains a mobile application for all the required e-content and other necessary details for any subject.
- At last, the university manages its virtual classes on two different online platforms named eGyanKosh and Education Broadcast.
Read: Lateral Entry In B Tech!
IGNOU Distance B.Tech Prospectus 2023
IGNOU maintains a prospectus of the university for all the mentioned courses. The prospectus has all the required details about the course you have enrolled yourself into.
The prospectus will let the student know about the course details, the fee structure, the eligibility criteria, the faculty, specializations, and all the important information.
Along with this, the prospectus also let the students know about the virtual classes available on different platforms and information related to e-content and classes available on the university’s mobile applications. Read: What is lateral entry in btech?
How to Apply for Distance B Tech at IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2021
The admissions procedure at IGNOU for B. Tech. is not at all complex. The admissions are held in just two sessions: the January and June Session. The admissions are carried forward when the applicant has filled up the application form with the nominal registration fee asked which is INR 200.
The university offers direct admissions if you have fulfilled the eligibility requirements that are asked for. Moreover, after the completion of the application form and other details, the candidate has to pay the admission fees along with that. Read: Admission Process for B Tech Program!
What is the Eligibility for IGNOU Distance BTech Courses?
The eligibility requirement for B. Tech. at IGNOU consists of having a 3-year diploma certificate in Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Computer/ Architecture/ Chemical Engineering from a recognized polytechnic, or in the same domain as you are applying for.
Other than that, any individual who is employed or self-employed in a similar domain will also be eligible for distance B. Tech. at IGNOU. Read: B Tech In Computer Science After Diploma!
IGNOU Distance B.Tech Placement
- Being B. Tech. graduates, you should be aware of the future options that one holds. It is important to know what is there for you in your future.
- The foremost option after the completion of B. Tech. is to apply for a Master’s degree in the same domain. M. Tech. is the first option after you complete your bachelor’s in technology in the specific domain.
- B. Tech. graduates will have a number of job profiles depending on their areas of domain. For example, graduates in Construction Management have a suitable job profile as Construction engineers.
- Other than that, there are other job options as well for graduates in construction management such as; Sustainable Consultant, Facilities Manager, Site Engineer, Building Services Engineer, and many more.
- In other domains of B. Tech, there are other options available for them according to their areas of specialization.
- Some of the highly recommended job profiles after Chemical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Software Developer, etc.
Is the IGNOU degree valid?
IGNOU is an approved and recognized university by the UGC-DEB. The university is old and has a history with elite alumni.
The alumni of the university are well-known artists. The university was formed by the government which makes it more authentic and reliable.
IGNOU was formed with an intention to promote distance education and therefore, it has value and importance. An IGNOU degree has the same credibility and worth as that of a regular degree. Read: Top 10 Engineering Entrance Exam List!
B. Tech. is an interesting stream to study and hence, beholds an exciting career. The students with an interest in the areas of technological advancement and computer applications. The stream revolves around innovative ideas and discovery.
The course is in high demand and is applied by the students at a rapid rate. Thus, this makes the course with a better future and high scope of success.