The ICFAI’s Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE) offers the Distance MBA program with various specialisations to choose from. The MBA program offered is in the Online and Distance Learning (ODL) format. The duration of the program is 2 years but the students get the opportunity to complete the program in a maximum of 4 years. Given in this blog are all the other details of ICFAI Distance MBA like Fee, Eligibility, Admission Procedure, Placement, Syllabus, Curriculum, and so much more.
ICFAI Distance MBA Overview
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) is a Deemed to be University. The university has received the Grade A+ NAAC Accreditation with an amazing score of 3.43 out of 4. The distance programs of the IFHE are administered by the Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE).
Given below are all the other Key Highlights of the Distance MBA program at ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
|ICFAI Distance MBA Key Highlights|
|Institution Name||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE)|
|Learning Mode||Online and Distance Learning (ODL)|
|Recognitions & Accreditations|
|Total Fee||One-Time Fee Payment- INR 75,000/-
Year-wise Fee Payment- INR 80,000/-
Sem-wise Fee Payment- INR 82,000/-
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria||A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised higher education institution with English as the medium of instruction.|
ICFAI Distance MBA Fee Structure
ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) offers the students to pay the academic fee in the following three ways:
- Entire fee payment at once (1 instalment)
- Year-wise fee payment (2 instalments)
- Semester-wise fee payment (4 instalments)
The benefit is that the student gets a discount if they pay the fee in less instalments. This means that the academic fee is less for year-wise payment than it is for the semester-wise payment, while the fee is the least for the one-time payment option.
Given below is the detailed fee structure for ICFA Distance MBA
|Category||Total Fee (in INR)|
|One Time Payment|
|Program Fee – 1st year||35,000|
|Program Fee – 2nd year||35,000|
|Program Fee – 1st semester||18,000|
|Program Fee – 2nd semester||18,000|
|Program Fee – 3rd semester||18,000|
|Program Fee – 4th semester||18,000|
|Exam Fee||500 per subject|
|Project Work Evaluation Fee||1,000|
*Note- The Admission Fee is not refundable.
Mode of Payment
There are two ways in which the students can pay the academic fee at IFHE for the distance MBA program. Given below are the details of fee payments through both these modes.
- Online Mode
You can make the entire fee payment in the online mode very easily from your home. You have the following 3 online payment options.
- Debit Card (MasterCard/Visa)
- Credit Card (MasterCard/Visa)
- Internet Banking
- Bank Demand Draft
For those who find difficulty in paying the fee online, there is the option of paying the fee through a Demand Draft. Given below are the details of paying through a Demand Draft (DD).
- The Bank Demand Draft can be drawn on any scheduled commercial bank. It should be payable at Hyderabad in favour of “IFHE Fee Collection A/c”.
- The back of the Demand Draft should have the following details written- name of the applicant, Application/Enrol No, Mobile Number and the semester.
- The DD has to be sent along with the completed Application Form to the following address- CDOE, #52, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad 500 082, Telangana.
In case a student withdraws from the program, then only the program fee (not the admission fee) will be refunded according to the UGC guidelines that are issued from time to time.
ICFAI Distance MBA Eligibility & Duration
The students are eligible to apply for the distance MBA course at IFHE if they have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a government-recognised university. The medium of instruction in graduation must be English.
The duration of the Distance MBA program at IFHE is 2 years. There are a total of 4 semesters of six months each. This is the standard duration. However, it is a distance program which makes it flexible. This means that the students will get the opportunity to complete the program in a maximum of 4 years. This helps them to proceed with their course at their own pace.
ICFAI Distance MBA Admission Procedure
The admission procedure for the distance MBA program at IFHE CDOE is a really simple process and is completed in two parts- Application Submission followed by Fee Payment. Given below is the step-wise admission procedure for the MBA in Distance Education.
Step 1- Go to the official website of ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) and download the Program Prospectus of the Distance MBA.
Step 2- The program prospectus consists of an application form and a fee remittance form. Fill the application form.
Step 3- Attach the self-attested (in blue ink and with date) copies of the following documents with the application form:
- Latest colored passport size photograph (to be pasted on the application form in the provided space)
- Latest colored passport size photograph with signature across the photo
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class Certificate
- 12th Class Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
Step 4- After the application form, now carefully fill the payment details in the fee remittance form. You must select and fill the fee payment option in this form (one-time payment/ year-wise payment/ semester-wise payment). Apart from this, you have to attach the supporting payment details as well.
Step 5- Finally, the completed application has to be submitted to the Admission Office to complete the enrolment process.
ICFAI Distance MBA Curriculum & Program Structure
The program structure for the Distance MBA course at IFHE requires the students to successfully complete 21 subjects + 1 project work which makes a total of 98 credit points which are spread across the 4 semesters. All of this needs to be successfully completed within a maximum of 4 years to qualify for the degree.
Given below is the detailed curriculum of all the 4 semesters of the Distance MBA program offered by ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
ICFA MBA Distance Program Structure
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Management and Organisation Behaviour||Economics for Business|
|Quantitative Methods||Operations Management|
|Foundations of Accounting and Finance||Human Resource Management|
|Business Environment||Marketing Management|
|IT for Managers||Business Communication|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Business Policy and Strategy||Management Control Systems|
|International Business||Business Ethics & Corporate Governance|
|Leadership and Change Management||Elective 4|
|Elective 1||Elective 5|
|Elective 2||Elective 6|
|Elective 3||Project Work|
|Semester 3 Electives
(Can choose any 3 out of following 10)
|Semester 4 Electives
(Can choose any 3 out of following 10)
|Financial Management||Financial Services|
|Global Financial Markets||International Finance|
|Strategic Finance & Corporate Restructuring||International Marketing|
|Services Marketing||Integrated Marketing Communications|
|Strategic Marketing Management||Retail Management|
|Sales and Distribution Management||Strategic Human Resource Management|
|Recruitment, Training & Development||Organisation Development|
|Performance Management & Reward Systems||Human Resource Planning and Audit|
|SMACS Technologies for Business||Big Data Analytics|
|Services Operations Management||Supply Chain Management|
Project Work About ICFAI MBA Distance Programs
The project work is an integral and the most important part of any MBA distance education course. Project Work serves as the best tool for an immersive learning experience as the students get the chance to put their knowledge into practice and get hands-on experience of real-world problems. Following are the benefits you will get with the Semester 4 project work at IFHE.
- Time Management
- Ability to handle and work with large datasets for expert data analysis (to enhance the research and analytical skills of the students)
- Learning multi-disciplinary concepts as well as the tools and techniques used to solve business problems. You also learn to deal with situational analysis of internal as well as external environments.
- Interpersonal communication skills enhancement.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- The area of the project work will probably be from one of the electives chosen by the students.
ICFAI Distance MBA Learning Mode & Examination
The MBA program that ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education offers is offered in the Distance mode. In the distance mode of education, the university sends the learning material to the address of the students. There are no classes. The students have to study by themselves and then just come to the college to give the exam every semester.
However, IFHE goes one step forward as it offers regular academic support with the help of interactive sessions taking place between faculty and the students. These counselling sessions are scheduled a lot earlier and hence are mandatory to attend.
Distance learning programs are primarily based on self-study, hence the self-study material becomes very crucial. The Self Learning Material (SLM) sent by IFHE is in the form of books.
Following are the features of the IFHE Distance MBA SLM
- Self Explanatory
The content is highly detailed and it goes from the basics (known) to advanced (unknown). The content is structured in a way that it goes from simple to interlinked and complex topics which are aided by examples, illustrations, and scenarios.
- Self Directed
Every topic and unit has a list of additional readings and references so that the students can gain extra knowledge of the topic and can direct the course of their study accordingly.
- Self Motivating
All the topics have links to real-time situations which arouse curiosity and enhance solution-oriented learning.
- Self Learning
Ordered and well structured curriculum with crystal clear concepts are an amazing aid to self-learning.
- Self Paced
Since the SLM is in the form of physical books, you always have access to them at any time so that you can study according to your own schedule.
- Self Evaluating
There are objective as well as subjective questions with answers after every unit for self-assessment
- There will be continuous and term-end examinations and the evaluation will be based on 30:70 weightage respectively.
- The examination evaluation will be in the form of grades.
- The semester examinations are conducted at the test centres designated by the university at their Head Quarters in Hyderabad only.
Also Read | Master of Business Administration Online
Why Choose Distance MBA from ICFAI?
When you select any university, the first thing to consider is that it must have all the right approvals from the government and accreditations from the concerned statutory bodies. It is great if the university you select also has national rankings which tells the position of it amongst other universities.
Given below are all the accreditations, rankings, and recognitions of the IFHE for your reference
- ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education is a Deemed to be University that has received the NAAC ‘A+’ Grade accreditation with a score of 3.43 out of 4.
- The university has received 27 NIRF overall ranking.
- The university has received AACSB International Accreditation for its MBA Program and an NIRF Ranking (2020) of 25 in the Management Category.
- The university is accredited by South Asian Quality Standards (SAQA) and AMDISA
- The university is a member of the AIU (Association of Indian Universities) and also of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Now, when it comes to the Distance MBA program, the following are some of the features that ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education offers
- The curriculum has been designed with an aim to equip the students with skills required for the modern workplace environment.
- The syllabus has been crafted exclusively by experts in the field and experienced faculty keeping in mind the Self Learning aspect of the course.
- The program is designed in a way that helps students develop cognitive as well as analytical skills needed in the Management and Business Administration environment.
- The course teaches the students the ability to both- work independently as well as in a team.
- The course essentially teaches the students about the understanding of the business environment to provide business excellence as well as personal accomplishment.
Career Scope After ICFAI Distance MBA
MBA is surely a lucrative career option because of the dynamic fields and career opportunities it offers. The distance MBA at IFHE has the same goal as to provide its students with the required skills and abilities needed for a bright future career in the Management domain.
Given in the table below are some of the popular job roles after Distance MBA along with their average annual salaries. Also Read | MBA Salary In India
|Job Roles||Average Annual Base Salary (in INR)|
|Human Resource Manager||6,94,411/-|