Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the oldest distance universities offering the M.Com course through distance & online modes of learning. The university is established under the act of Indira Gandhi National Open University Act, 1985 specially for offering distance education to all segments of society.
IGNOU July 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 30th September 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honours courses).
What Is IGNOU Distance M.Com?
The IGNOU M.Com admission 2023 for the January session opened in February 2023 and the admission will be closed on 15/April/2023. The admission date for the July session will be announced soon. M.Com or Master of Commerce is a postgraduate course pursued by students who are interested in playing with commerce. Commerce deals with all the financial aspects used in running a business. The course can be completed through full-time classes and distance & online classes.
The duration of the IGNOU M.Com course is 2 years which can be completed in 5 years. These 2 yearly course imparts the comprehensive knowledge and skills of financial studies along with management. This article will provide you with all the details about M.Com and you can find the steps of getting admission in IGNOU for Distance M.Com. Read: M Com Full Form!
IGNOU M.Com Course Highlight
|University Name||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|University Type||Central University (Public) Distance Learning|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-Based|
|Minimum Duration||2 Years|
|Maximum Duration||5 Years|
|Course Fee||Rs. 15,600|
|Minimum Age||No bar|
|Maximum Age||No bar|
|Medium of Instructions||English/ Hindi|
What Are the Benefits of Doing Distance & Online B.tech Program from M.Com?
In addition to over 30 Masters’ programs, the IGNOU offers over 227 courses including a Master in Commerce (M.Com). IGNOU provides M.Com and B.Com to allow the students to study in the same location both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Trade. After completing the M Com Distance Education from Ignou, there are definitely significant advantages:
- The curriculum offers a thorough understanding of industry and trade.
- Ignou educational websites such as eGyanKosh and IGNOU e-content mobile application provide study material.
- Ignou offers a fair distance worldwide, the M.Com grade is a true and worthwhile Program of M.Com
- You can find the software both in Hindi and English.
- The university supports M.Com students to provide placement support.
What is the Eligibility & Fee Structure for IGNOU Distance & Online M.Com Course?
The university sets entry conditions for each course to admit eligible students. A student must meet the following conditions to qualify for the M.Com program in IGNOU:
- At least one bachelor’s in any discipline or equivalent must be obtained for students.
- The bachelor’s must be from a university with recognition.
The aggregate fee of distance M.Com of IGNOU is Rs. 15,600 and this program fee is to be paid as Rs. 7,800 per year.
IGNOU is famous for offering affordable courses to students and makes education accessible to a large chunk of society. Hence, students across the world can take admission in this course without much difficulty.
How to Apply for Distance M.Com Course in IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2023
There are two ways of applying for distance MCom at IGNOU. The admission can be taken online or offline. Here is the procedure.
Offline IGNOU M.Com Admission 2023
The offline admission to Distance M.Com at IGNOU can be done by visiting the nearest regional office of Indira Gandhi National Open University. You need to purchase a prospectus from there in which the admission form will be attached. Fill up the admission form with the relevant details and attach it with the required documents including 2 photographs along with the Demand Draft drawn up in the name of IGNOU for fee submission. Submit the form to the admission window and get the receipt from there. Read: Top Distance M Com Colleges In Hyderabad!
Online IGNOU M.Com Admission 2023
For online applications, every student needs to follow some steps. These steps are mentioned below:-
- Visit the official website of IGNOU and download the prospectus from there to get the details about the course.
- Check your eligibility for taking admission to the Distance M.Com course at IGNOU.
- If you are eligible visit the site again and open up the admission portal.
- Register yourself by filling up some required details to get the Login credentials.
- If you are already registered then use the previous credentials to log in and if not then the credential (username or password) will be sent by the university on your recognized number via SMS.
- Fill up the relevant details on the admission form.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature.
- Upload the scanned copy of all the required documents.
- Pay the fees using a Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.
- Click on the submit button and take the printout or save the receipt for the future.
- Current Passport size Photograph.
- Scanned Signature.
- Photostat of 10th, 12th, and Graduation certificate.
- Sc/ST or other regional certificates ( For reserved candidates).
- Work Experience Certificate (If required).
IGNOU Distance & Online M.Com Course Prospectus 2023
The college prospectus is available on the official website of the IGNOU. Students can view on IGNOU’s website the option of a popular prospectus 2023 to obtain a complete prospectus including all the details concerning the offered training programs, the fee structure, the Eligibility criteria and other relevant information.
To scratch details related to the eligibility requirements, syllabus, and academic fee, MCom student(s) who are willing to register for M.Com of IGNOU must look at the M.Com portion of the prospectus.
Students will learn about the accomplishments of the university, remarkable features, fundamental information about university programs, eligibility requirements and online lecture applications from IGNOU such as the Ignou e-content smartphone app. Read: Highest Paying Jobs In the World!
Placement After IGNOU Distance & Online M.Com Degree
In 2005, a Campus Placement Cell was developed by the Indira Gandhi National Open University. The placement cell is responsible for all activities relating to placements and provides assistance for the quest for appropriate work.
The cell is designed for all students in all courses to provide on-campus placements and to solve investment problems. In order to help students increase employability, IGNOU Campus placement Cell is organizing work fairs, placement campaigns and other activities in regional centres.
If they cannot attend college on a daily basis for whatever reason, distance universities such as IGNOU encourage students to pursue their higher education. Besides that, the IGNOU M.Com degree will be accepted throughout the world and you can get opportunities in the top leading private companies.
These private companies need financial experts who can utilize the finance in such a way so that the company can get the maximum profit at a minimum cost. So, the M.Com degree holders can get the post of Financial Manager, Financial Analyst, Accountant, Senior Accountant, etc after completing the course. Read: Investment Banker Salary!
This blog will help you in finding a way of getting admission to the Distance M.Com course at IGNOU. The IGNOU M.Com course is the best course to pursue when you are interested in learning the techniques of commerce fields and it is also a recognized course by the University Grant Commission and Distance Education Bureau. Hope you will get the answers to all your queries.