Indira Gandhi National Open University i.e. IGNOU offers M.Tech (Master of Technology) in different specializations. The admissions are conducted in two sessions which are January and July sessions.
IGNOU July 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 30th September 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honours courses).
IGNOU M Tech Admission Open 2023
|Course Type||Distance Education|
|Offered by||Masters Degree Programme|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Basic Eligibility||Graduation in the specific domain|
|Entrance Exam||No entrance|
|Selection Process||Eligibility criteria to be fulfilled|
|Course Fee||Varies according to the specialization|
What Are the Benefits of Doing Distance & Online M.Tech Program from IGNOU?
IGNOU; Indira Gandhi National Open University is a renowned and reputed institution, established in the year 1985 by the Act of Parliament. The university is old and has built up a genuine image over the past years. IGNOU is approved and recognized by the UGC-DEB.
The university has overall 200 programs along with 21 departments, offering numerous specializations. IGNOU was started with the intention to promote distance education in every part of the country. The university has a faculty of 800 members spread throughout 67 regional centres.
Distance M Tech is a postgraduate degree for a duration of 2 years minimum. M. Tech. has 8 semesters and is a degree that delves into research and technology.
IGNOU offers M. Tech. in various streams of specializations such as Advanced Information Technology, Embedded Systems, Nanoelectronic, Nanotechnology, and so on. The course opens up wide possibilities for a better and more successful future.
The most beneficial reason why one should go for online and distance learning is it gives the student self-exploration time. The students also get habitual to self-studying and self-learning habits.
Distance education is extremely beneficial for the working professionals or the ones who desire to also study for some other high-level competitive examinations. It helps the students to have a less time-consuming atmosphere and focus on the other things as well.
What is the Eligibility & Fee Structure for IGNOU Distance & Online M Tech Course?
There are some nominal requirements to be fulfilled while applying for admissions at IGNOU in the online course of M. Tech., the criteria are as follows:
- To be eligible for M. Tech. at IGNOU, one needs to be a graduate from Engineering/ Technology in Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Information Technology/ Computer Science/ MSc In Electronics/ Computer Science or equivalent.
- Along with that, the candidate must have scored a minimum aggregate of 55% in their graduation.
- There is no age bar while applying for M. Tech. at IGNOU in any of the domains.
Fee Structure: The fee structure for M. Tech. at IGNOU varies according to the specialization the candidate chooses. However, the fee structure for distance learning courses is comparatively very reasonable than the regular mode of learning. IGNOU, thus, itself offers a very reasonable fee structure considering the financial stability of the candidates as well. Also Read | What Are the Fees for M Tech Program In this Year
How to apply for Distance M Tech Course at IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2023
- The admissions process is held for the January and July sessions of admissions. The candidates can get included in the procedure after they register themselves at the university.
- The dates for admission have been extended till 15th April. Before, the deadline for submission of admission forms and other requirements was 31st March, but considering the situation they were extended.
- The candidates will find the registration form on the official website of IGNOU along with the online admissions form for the January session 2023. The candidates are required to carefully read all the instructions and press click to submit.
- As soon as they go through the instructions and move forward with the procedure, the candidates will receive their login credentials such as the username; via email. The candidates are required to login through those credentials.
- Further, the university will ask the candidates about certain documents that will be required for the completion of the admission process. So, the documents should be ready before filling up the application form.
- The documents will comprise a scanned image of identity proof, a scanned photograph that has been recently clicked, a scanned copy of the educational certificate, and the scanned image of the candidate’s signature.
- After the submission of all the documents, the candidates can move forward with the admission process by filling up the details and the course they want to opt for, etc.
Also Read | M. Tech. Admission Process This Year
IGNOU Distance & Online M.Tech Course Prospectus 2023
IGNOU provides a full structured prospectus to the students. The prospectus is a whole document that contains all the necessary details regarding the course, the university and its rules and regulations. The prospectus is like a guide and tour of the university and its process of working.
The prospectus contains the course details, the fee structure for the particular course, the syllabus and specializations of your specific course, the faculty, the study material and a lot more important stuff. The information here is detailed and saves the students from having any sort of doubts. Read: What Is M.Tech. Part-Time?
The guidelines of the university are clearly mentioned there and that is why it is asked to the students in the start to download the prospectus. The prospectus will also contain information related to the study material and virtual classes. The university manages its virtual classes on two platforms known as eGyanKosh and Education Broadcast.
Placement after Online and Distance M Tech Degree
- IGNOU has its own placement cell known as Campus Placement Cell (CPC). The cell was started in the year 2005 considering the future of the students.
- However, after the completion of M. Tech, the students get a wider range to explore. The individuals with an M. Tech. degrees are said to be ‘technologists and researchers’. The students can go on fully into the field of research.
- The M.Tech. degree provides you with a bunch of job profiles such as: Project Manager, Software Developer, Senior Engineer, Construction Manager, Developmental Engineer, Research Associate, Machinery Engineer, etc.
- The M.Tech. the degree will also open the profession of teaching for you. The postgraduates from M. Tech. can take up teaching GATE classes for the candidates preparing for it.
- There are government jobs also that come along with the degree of M.Tech, the public sectors strongly demand postgraduates from M.Tech.
- Also, the candidates who wish to study more can go for Ph.D. and have research theory. In this, the students have to write research papers and layout innovative theories.
Also Read: Data Science Jobs and Career Guide!