Introduction of Online/Distance PGDM in Business Management
Online/Distance PGDM in business management is a postgraduate diploma course specialized in business management subjects. Here in this blog, all the detailed information like fee structure, syllabus, career prospects, and other course-related details are given. Students must read this blog before entering into the Online and Distance PGDM in business management course.
This course will definitely give speed to your career as management studies carry a huge scope of job opportunities for students in the market. PGDM in business management is a online/distance education course that is also a career rising course available for you after graduation.
PGDM in business management is a diploma course at the post-graduation level specialized in business management course. The course can be pursued by regular classes mode or distance/online mode. Distance and Online PGDM in business management course is as valid as the regular course and also approved by the University Grant Commission and All India Council of Technology Education.
The duration of the distance and online PGDM in the business management course is 2 years which is subdivided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. The course can be only be pursued after completing the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The course provides knowledge of different business management aspects. The online/distance PGDM in business management course is the most popular course among aspirants as many aspirants pursue this course after completing their graduation.
The course is similar to the MBA course in business management specialization. The curriculum of the course is designed to provide skills of management that can be used in different sectors of business which will help them to enhance their career.
Please note that there are few major differences between online & distance education, thereby they are not the same.
– Major differences between them are: NAAC, UGC & NIRF approvals are needed for Online universities whereas UGC-DEB approvals are needed for distance universities.
– Secondly, the examination mode differs, in online mode you give examinations online, in distance mode you give examinations by going to the examination center.
– The third difference is its learning mode, online universities will have LMS (Learning Management System) whereas distance universities will have textbooks sent to you.
*Syllabus, duration, eligibility & job opportunities will remain the same but only fees might differ.
What is Distance and Online PGDM Business Management?
The course of PGDM in business management is a 2 yearly program of post-graduate level that is attracting many students recently in the field. Students who want to take admission in this course should know that the course of Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDM) in Business Management is also available in online and distance education mode.
Business management is one of the popular fields that are evergreen as companies are always in demand for the business managers and people who can handle their business properly. So, if you also wish to apply to the course of PGDM in business management then, you must have completed their bachelor’s degree in any specialization from a recognized board/University.
PG Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) is a specified course in the specialization of management studies that focuses on the application of managerial principles applied in an organization.
If we talk about the course structure of Post-Graduate Diploma (PGDM) in business Management then, you will find that the program consists of many interesting subjects that are related to the business principles and management. The course has 4 semesters in total that are designed to give the maximum knowledge for the students in this specialization.
Course Details of Distance/Online PGDM Business Management
There are various details that are important for the students to know about the course of PGDM Business management before taking admission in the course. Here, we are providing the major details of the course of online/distance PGDM business management in a precise manner so that you can get an idea in short about the course. Have a look at the table given below for the course details:-
|Course Level||Post Graduate Diploma|
|Duration of the Course||2 Year|
|Eligibility||Minimum score of 50% (Relaxable for reserved category students) marks at UG or equivalent level in any stream.|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based (In some cases)/Merit-based|
|Course Fee||Between INR 60,000 to INR 3 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 18,000 to 21,000|
|Top Recruiting areas||Corporate houses, MNCs, Import-export firms, Marketing firms, Production houses.|
|Job Positions||Business Development Manager, Financial analyst, Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales Manager, Marketing strategist, etc.|
Eligibility for Online/Distance PGDM in Business Management
After you have decided to take admission in a course, it is very important to first check the eligibility criteria of that course and confirm your qualification if they fits for that course and university. Recently, there has been a rise in the admissions under the management and it not only includes MBA but also has PGDM in it. As both the courses carry equivalent value, you need to know the specific eligibility criteria of the PGDM in business management.
So, check out the eligibility criteria of this online/distance course of PGDBM given below:-
- Candidates must have completed their bachelor’s degree or graduation with an average of 50% marks from a recognized university for online and distance PGDM business management course.
- Students who have passed their bachelor’s degree from any specialization are eligible for this PGDBM program.
- Working professionals can increase their degree value by getting the PGDBM program degree.
- This course is perfect for the students who see themselves on large platforms working in the field of management of a business organization.
Online/Distance PGDM In Business Management Structure/Syllabus
Here, you can find the semester-wise syllabus of the distance and online PGDM Business management course that is almost similar in most of the colleges. The syllabus of Business management consists of some interesting and advanced subjects that are required for a candidate to learn the skills used in the practical and real-life management of an organization and its management. Now, go through the semester-wise syllabus in the tables given below:-
|Subjects of Semester – 1||Subjects of Semester – 2|
|Management Theory & Practice||Marketing Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Financial Accounting|
|Business Economics||Essentials of HRM|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Strategic Management|
|Information System for Managers||Operations Management|
|Business Communication & Etiquettes||Written and Oral Communication|
|Subjects of Semester – 3||Subjects of Semester – 4|
|Business Statistics||Project Management|
|International Business||Services Marketing|
|Organizational Theory Structure & Design||Corporate Finance|
|Financial Institutions & Markets||Marketing Research|
|Consumer Behavior||Business Law|
|Financial analysis & Management||Project|
Benefits of Online & Distance PGDM In Business Management
Here you can look at some of the big advantages of taking PGDM in Business management. After graduating, students register in any specialization in the PGDM in Business management. After graduation, the students who have completed the training from online/distance learning would have a lot of advantages available. The degree of PGDM in Business management brings numerous advantages, and here you can see:-
- Efficient Time Management: You will be able to handle your time more efficiently in the course of online and Distance PGDM in Business management because you do not need to attend daily lessons after taking the PGDM distance & online course. This way you can save your time and keep your life flexible, using your time to get experience in a career.
- Education System Advancement: we can see that technology has progressed even in the education field. You will see a strong rise in online education policy in recent intervals. Various distance teaching colleges in the country that have all online educational facilities have embraced and provided new online education.
- Accessible Course Fees: As we described earlier in this article, it is very fair and fee structuring is also not so expensive to afford the course PGDM in business management. In India, online and distance training fees are very cost-effective and most people can afford them for higher education.
- Subjects of Industrial Exposure: Because the PGDM gap is a fascinating course with a two-year curriculum of PGDM in business Management program that includes subjects that teach you the levels of business management in an enterprise. This curriculum would also provide you with a strong business introduction to the course.
- Dual Degree: Online and Distance PGDM in business management that you can take double degrees simultaneously. You may take a normal course and concurrently follow the distance course with the approval of the higher education authorities.
- For Working Professionals: Online & Distance PGDM in business management enables you to attend online courses and to pursue the course in parallel, without impacting your current career. As it is favorable for the working professionals.
- Improves both skills: You improve both your hard skills and your soft skills inside the PGDM in the business management gap. It operates on an aspirant’s whole personality. It prepares you for interviews by focusing on your interpersonal and intra-personal skills in communication. Improve your core subject knowledge.
Average Salary of PGDM Business Management In India
The PGDM in business management is the one that has opportunities in top-notch companies in India. Then aspirants have been offered to have a higher salary by learning all the skills and tactics of handling a business. The course helps aspirants with a high pay level to accelerate their careers in the field of business management.
The PGDM wages are projected to be between Rs 2,00,000 and Rs 15,00,000 a year in business management. These data indicate the high demand for business professionals worldwide. You get jobs in top recruiting agencies and companies and also can be an entrepreneur.
Best Colleges of Online/Distance PGDM Business Management
In India, you can find hundreds of institutes that provide courses in business management. Also, there are various online and distance education institutes & universities that are offering courses that are highly-ranked and are approved by AICTE and UGC.
We are providing you a proper list of top online/distance education colleges along with the cities they are situated in. These colleges are also offering the course of PGDM in Business Management in India. You can have a look at the list here and choose the best institution suitable for you in the table given below:-
|S.No.||Name of Institute||City|
|1.||Asia Pacific Institute of Management||New Delhi|
|2.||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||Pune|
|3.||Acton Business School||Maharashtra|
|4.||IIKM Business School||Calicut|
|6.||Skyline Business School||Delhi|
|7.||Advanced School of Management||Delhi|
|8.||Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh|
|10.||Annex College of Management Studies||Kolkata|
|11.||Arunachal University of Studies||Arunachal Pradesh|
|13.||Aurora’s Business School||Hyderabad|
|14.||Awadhesh Pratap Singh University||Madhya Pradesh|
|15.||Balaji Institute of International Business||Pune|
|16.||Avagmah Business School||Bangalore|
|17.||Bharati Vidyapeeth University||Pune|
|18.||Birla Institute of Technology||Ranchi|
|19.||Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar|
|20.||Institute of Management Technology||Ghaziabad|
|21.||GL Bajaj Institute||Mathura|
|22.||Biztech Management School||Kolkata|
Career Prospects In Online & Distance PGDM Business Management
In the area of Business Management, there are hundreds of career opportunities open for young students who have got a master’s degree in the same specialization. So, if you are looking forward to fulfilling your dream and getting a perfect job in the industry then, you should first know the jobs available in the market.
After getting the degree of PGDBM i.e., a post-graduate diploma in business management, you will be eligible for many kinds of jobs even at the senior posts if you have some kind of field experience in a good organization. Mow, you must go through the list of job opportunities and names of the job profiles available after completion of online/ distance PGDM in Business management given here:
|Transportation Manager||Material Manager||Logistics Manager|
|Warehouse Operations Manager||Research Officer||System Support Manager|
|Business Administrator||Financial analyst||Inventory Control Manager|
|Category Manager||Communications Manager||Media & Advertising Planner|
|Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator||Business Development Manager||Business Development Manager|
|Brand Manager||Market Research Analyst||Supply Chain Manager|
|Business adviser||Marketing Strategist||Sales Manager|
|Management Consultant||Product Manager||Accounting Head|
So, this is all about the course of PGDM in Business management in the online and distance education mode. We have given all the major details and have also tried to provide all the important information about the online/ distance course of PGDM in Business Management in this blog. Hopefully, you will utilize all the information of this article in your admission process in a good college.
Also, this blog will definitely prove useful for you and will help you guide for your future goals in the field of business management. Now, it’s your time to enroll your name in the online/distance PGDM in Business Management program and build a successful career in the business industry.