What is Online/Distance PGDM in Human Resource Management?
PGDM in human resource management is a diploma course specialized in human resource management at the post-graduation level. The PGDM in HRM can be pursued through a regular learning method as well as a online/distance learning method. So PGDM in HRM through online and distance learning method is named as Distance/online PGDM in human resource management course. The duration of the course is 2 years which is subdivided into 4 semesters.
Human Resources are the major aspects that are responsible for the growth of any company or organization. If someone is looking for a course in Human Resource Management then, Online and Distance PGDM in Human Resource Management is the best option available for them.
The course includes various subjects like Human Resource planning, Staff-Selection, recruitment management, performance management, compensation & Perks management, and many more which provides detailed knowledge about how to manage Human resources for any organization according to their goal.
Online/Distance PGDM in Human Resource Management is one of the popular courses that grab the attention of most of the students for their career aspects. The postgraduation diploma course in human resource management through online/distance learning is best suitable for students who have a lack of time to attend regular classes and are looking for a valuable degree in Human Resource Management.
Every organization needs an HR Manager who can develop interpersonal skills within the staff and who can also look after the management of organizational behavior. The role of the Human resource manager is to understand the goals of the organization and manage human resources according to that goal.
There are many universities that are now providing courses for Online PGDM/ Distance PGDM in Human Resource Management. Some of the universities are IGNOU, NMIMS, Symbiosis institute, etc. The online/distance PGDM in the HRM course will help the students to upgrade their careers. After completing the course there are lots of job opportunities where the students can apply to build up their future.
Please note that there are few major differences between online & distance education, thereby they are not the same.
– Major differences between them are: NAAC, UGC & NIRF approvals are needed for Online universities whereas UGC-DEB approvals are needed for distance universities.
– Secondly, the examination mode differs, in online mode you give examinations online, in distance mode you give examinations by going to the examination center.
– The third difference is its learning mode, online universities will have LMS (Learning Management System) whereas distance universities will have textbooks sent to you.
*Syllabus, duration, eligibility & job opportunities will remain the same but only fees might differ.
Online/Distance PGDM in HR Management Courses Details
Online/Distance PGDM in human resource management course is a 2 years post-graduation level diploma course through online and distance learning. The students must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university to pursue the online/distance PGDM course specialized in human resource management.
The course duration of 2 years is subdivided into 4 semesters. The four-semester program provides knowledge of all concepts of management and integrates them with the principles of Human Resources management. The fee structure of the online and distance PGDM course is a bit lower than the regular PGDM course.
The students will get the best career opportunities after completing the PGDM in HRM course as, during this course, students will learn the skills to manage the human resources which play a vital role to run any organization smoothly according to the goal of the organization
PGDM In Human Resource Management Eligibility
The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration in any discipline from a recognized university to take admission for a distance PGDM course in Human resource management. Some universities also demand some work experience along with admission.
The students need to score a minimum of 50% marks at graduation level however, some universities would not ask for minimum marks. The benefit of doing the PGDM course is that there is no need to give any entrance exam for taking admission to the same domain.
Distance & Online PGDM In HR Management Fees
The fee structure of the online/distance PGDM in human resource management courses differs in different universities. The estimated amount of fees for the course is about 80000 to 3,00,000 as a whole.
The online/distance PGDM course fee is a bit lower than the regular PGDM course. Every student who wants to join the PGDM course specialized in human resource management to enhance their career can easily afford the online and distance course.
Online/Distance PGDM In Human Resource Syllabus
The curriculum of the Online/Distance PGDM in human resource management course is to provide every single knowledge about how to manage the human resources to an organization according to their goal.
The major subjects of the online and distance PGDM in human resource management are Basics of HR Management, Concept of Entrepreneurship and New Ventures, Organizational behavior, Decision sciences, Basics of Econometrics for HRM, Business-Ethics, Governance, Risk, etc.
The semester wise syllabus of the online/distance PGDM in human resource management course is mentioned here:-
|Management Theory & Practice||Marketing Management||Performance Management System||Employee Development & Talent Management|
|Organizational Behavior||Financial Accounting||Industrial Relations & Labor Laws||International HR Practices|
|Business Economics||Essentials of HRM||Organizational Theory Structure & Design||HR Audit|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Strategic Management||Manpower Planning, Recruitment &Selection||Strategic HRM|
|Information System for Managers||Operations Management||Organization Culture||Business Law|
|Business Communication & Etiquettes||Written and Oral Communication||Compensation & Benefits||Project|
Benefits of Online/Distance PGDM in HR Management
Human resource managers play an important role to manage human resources according to the goals of the organization. Learning human resource management can be beneficial for students who want to enhance their careers in the human resource management field. Some of the benefits of a distance and online PGDM in Human Resources Management are mentioned below:-
- Time-Saving – There is no need to take regular classes during online/distance PGDM in human resource management courses. The student can take classes according to their time preferences. There is learning flexibility in the online and distance learning course. The student can use their spare time in other educational activities to enhance their career more effectively.
- Convenient Learning – All students are not the same. Their speed of grasping anything is different, their learning capabilities are also different. During online and distance learning PGDM in human resource management course, students have the option to learn at their own pace. The students can learn at their own speed which will help them to learn the skills effectively. Online and Distance learning PGDM course makes it easy to understand all the topics conveniently for all the students.
- Cost-Effective – The fee structure of a online/distance PGDM in Human Resource management is a bit lower than the regular PGDM course. Students who can’t afford the regular college fees and want to learn human resource management can apply for online/distance education. It is an economically affordable course. Students can get higher education on their pocket-friendly budget.
- Work Experience – Students can apply for jobs along with their studies. Online/Distance learning PGDM course makes it easy for the students to get work experience before completing the course in human resource management course so that after completing the course students can go for a better post and better salary packages.
- Career Enhancement – The Online and Distance education PGDM in human resource management course will help emphasizes the career of the students. The online/distance PGDM in human resource management course is mostly pursued by working professionals enrolling in some kind of profession and wants to upgrade their career by applying to the higher posts and get higher salary packages for living a better life.
Career After Completing Online/Distance PGDM in HR Course
There are plenty of career opportunities available for aspirants who want to succeed in the HR field after completing the online/distance PGDM course specialized in human resource management. The human resource department plays a very important role in any firm. Human Resources Managers of any company are responsible for a lot of responsibilities to maintain the company’s reputation.
In order to fulfill these criteria, many courses have been structured in the field of Human Resource Management to provide the students a piece of detailed knowledge about the work of human resource managers to fulfill the requirement of the industry. There are many options available for students to pursue in the field of HRM. It is not only limited to the post of Human resource management but there are many more jobs in the field. Some posts where the students can apply after completing the PGDM course are listed below:-
|Training and Development specialist||Employee Relations Manager|
|Recruiter||Employment or Placement Manager|
|Labor Relations Manager||Director of HR Training & Development|
|HR Generalist||Organizational development & change consultant|
|Staffing Director||HR Manager|
|Technical Recruiter||Compensation Manager|
Top Colleges Online/Distance PGDM In HR Management
There are many colleges which provide the online/distance PGDM in human resource management course. It becomes difficult for students to choose the best college to take admission. Here is the list of some best distance/online education colleges for PGDM in human resource management courses which will help the student to make a better decision.
|Indian Institute of Management, (Ahmedabad)||Indian School of Business, ( Hyderabad )|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Indian Institute of Management, (Bangalore)||Faculty of Management Studies, (Delhi)|
|Indian Institute of Management, (Kolkata)||
Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (Mumbai)
In this blog, all the information about the PGDM in human resource management course through online/distance learning is given. The course is best for the students who are intended to make their career in human resource management to upgrade their career without affecting their current activities whether it be a job or any educational activity. Hope this blog will be enough to clear all your doubts.