What Is Online/Distance Learning PGDM In Retail Management?
PGDM in Retail Marketing is a diploma course at the post-graduation level specialized in Retail Management. The course can only be pursued after completing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. The PGDM can be pursued through traditional regular classes or through distance learning or online classes.
The Online and Distance PGDM in retail management course is as valid as the regular PGDM course in the job market and also approved by the University Grant Commission and All India Council of Technical Education. The duration of the Online and Distance PGDM in Retail marketing is 2 years which is subdivided into 4 semesters of 6 months each.
The Distance and Online PGDM in Retail Management provides a detailed understanding of the concepts and features included in the retailing and connected sectors. The course covers both theoretical and technical aspects which can be applied to best practices in the retail business.
The students learn to apply and evaluate the updated techniques that are needed for successful retailing which will help them to get more job opportunities in the retailing sectors. The course prepares the students to work professionally in the job market.
The Retail Management sector has become a rapidly growing sector in the industry with enormous growth in the economy. The retail market is more attractive and engaging in the world. This will create a demand for more trained professionals in the retail management field.
The course strives to create a new generation with the knowledge of retail marketing and also with international caliber. The course aims to prepare them with the best practices that would be followed across the globe.
Online and Distance PGDM in Retail management is an excellent opportunity for students who want to get a degree along with some work experience. The post-graduation diploma in Retail management has scope for all the future aspirants who are intended to enter in Retail management profession or want to be a Retail manager in a top recruited firm.
The Retail Management studies in online/distance PGDM deal with the detailed knowledge of accounting skills and training. Besides this, Retail Management studies have a great opportunity regarding the various career paths of the students.
Please note that there are few major differences between online & distance education, thereby they are not the same.
– Major differences between them are: NAAC, UGC & NIRF approvals are needed for Online universities whereas UGC-DEB approvals are needed for distance universities.
– Secondly, the examination mode differs, in online mode you give examinations online, in distance mode you give examinations by going to the examination center.
– The third difference is its learning mode, online universities will have LMS (Learning Management System) whereas distance universities will have textbooks sent to you.
*Syllabus, duration, eligibility & job opportunities will remain the same but only fees might differ.
Online and Distance PGDM In Retail Management Course Details
The basic details about the post-graduation diploma course in Retail Management are mentioned below in the table. The students can get all the specific details of the course here and also can get an idea about the course:-
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation degree in any discipline|
|Admission Process||Some recognized universities allow direct admission and in various recognized universities, there are entrance tests held followed by an interview to judge the eligibility of the student seeking admission.|
|Course Fee||INR 75,000 to 2.2 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 10 lakhs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Retail Industries, Reliance group, ITC Retail, Aditya Birla Group, TATA Group, Lifestyle International, Spencer, etc.|
|Job Positions||Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Buyer, Analyst, Merchandiser, Warehouse Manager, Marketing Executive, etc.|
Online/Distance PGDM In Retail Management Eligibility
The students must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university approved by the University Grant Commission or AICTE. The course of the post-graduate diploma in Retail management is available for students who want to establish their career in the Retail management field. During the Distance and Online PGDM course, the student can pursue higher studies along with the job.
So, if any student looking forward to getting admission in the online/distance PGDM program but somehow have confusion regarding the eligibility criteria then, they need to relax because some colleges also provide direct admission for the online and distance PGDM in Retail management course.
The candidates who want to enroll themselves in the distance/online post-graduation diploma course in retail marketing need to fulfill only a few eligibility criteria that are mentioned below:-
- Students who have passed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university approved by the University Grant Commission and AICTE are eligible for the distance and online PGDM program.
- Students who have passed their graduation in any discipline whether it be B.Com, B.Sc, or B.Tech are eligible for the post-graduate diploma in marketing management.
- Students who have completed a diploma along with graduation are also eligible for the course.
- Working professionals who want to do higher studies through a post-graduation distance and online education degree side by side with their jobs can also apply for this course.
Online and Distance PGDM In Retail Management Syllabus
The curriculum of distance/online PGDM in retail management is specially created to provide every single detail about retail marketing management. The syllabus includes advanced-level subjects so that students can understand the topics wisely.
Some major topics of the Online and Distance PGDM in retail management are Business Communication, Financial Accounting & Analysis, Information Systems for Managers, Introduction to Retail, Retail Store Operation and Inventory Management, Business: Ethics, Governance & Risk, etc. The semester-wise syllabus of the course is given below.:-
|Management Theory and Practice||Marketing Management||Introduction to Retail||Global Retailing|
|Business Communication||Business Law||Consumer Behaviour||Retail Store Operation and Inventory Management|
|Information Systems for Managers||Business Statistics||Merchandising Management||Marketing Research|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||Strategic Management||Sales Management||International Logistics & Supply Chain Management|
|Business Economics||Essentials of HRM||Retail Store Design and Location||Business: Ethics, Governance & Risk|
|Organizational Behaviour||Financial Accounting & Analysis||Cost & Management Accounting|
Benefits Of Online/Distance PGDM In Retail Management
After completing the post-graduation diploma in retail management the candidates can get ample benefits. Retail management not only provides you the knowledge of a better retail market but also helps in developing some other managerial skills of the students.
Some other benefits that the students will get after completing the online/distance PGDM in Retail management are mentioned below:-
- The online/distance PGDM course in retail management is a correspondence program in which the students do not need to attend the online classes and it helps in saving time.
- Distance and Online PGDM in retail management is one of the most Cost-Effective programs as the online/distance PGDM fee is quite lower as compared to the regular PGDM programs.
- Retail management also helps in the development of leadership skills and influencing skills in students that will help them throughout life.
- Online and Distance PGDM in retail management provides an opportunity for the students to study while earning as they will have enough time to do a job or any part-time work as there is no need to attend regular classes.
- The PGDM is equivalent to the MBA degree which is a valuable post-graduate diploma course that assures stability and job security in any firm or organization.
- The student can have an increase in their salary or pay scale after completing the post-graduation diploma in retail management and also get the opportunity to gain experience.
- Distance/Online PGDM in retail management is a very flexible course that provides the students colossal flexibility in learning the course structure and curriculum as the classes for PGDM in retail management are also available in ‘Online’ mode in many universities.
Best Universities PGDM In Retail Management Online/Distance Course
Retail marketing is rapidly growing in recent industries. Also, most of the students are enrolling in the course. But sometimes students will be confused about which university is best for the retail management course.
Here is the solution to this confusion. Some of the best colleges for online/distance PGDM in Retail Marketing course are mentioned here through which the students can choose according to their interests:-
|Welingkar Institute of Management||Indian Retail School|
|Aditya Institute of Management Studies and Research||Symbiosis Distance Learning|
|Institute of Public Enterprise||
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
|NGF College of Engineering & Technology||Chandigarh University|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||Jaipur National University|
|ITM Global Leadership Center|
Career Opportunities After Completing PGDM In Retail Management
If any student wants to make a career in the retail management field and wants to become a professional retail manager in retail marketing then, here are all the major career aspects related to the course of Online and Distance PGDM in Retail Marketing. After completing the post-graduate diploma in retail management from Online or distance learning the students can grab an amazing career opportunity to step up in their career.
There are many career prospects that are available for postgraduate diploma holders in the field of retailing sectors. Here’s the list of some better job options available after completing the distance/online PGDM in Retail management:-
|Retail Manager||Store Manager||Retail Buyer||Merchandiser Analyst||Supply Chain|
|Distributor Marketing Executive||Warehouse Manager||Brand Manager||Customer Care Executives||Image Promoter|
|Merchandise Manager||Department Manager||—||—||—|
Top recruiting companies for retail marketers after completing the course are listed here:-
|Retail Industries||Tata Groups|
|Reliance Group||Lifestyle International|
Spencers and many more companies
|Aditya Birla Group|
The postgraduate diploma in retail marketing management is the best course for the students who want to become a professional retail manager and intend to pursue higher studies in this field to enhance their career.
Here in this blog, we had tried to clear the visions about the Online and Distance PGDM in retail management course so that before applying to the course the students have all the relevant information about the course.