M. Tech; Master’s in Technology is a postgraduate course that can be pursued after the completion of B.Tech. and it takes you into a world of research and technology. It is a course in the area of Engineering and Information Technology. M.Tech is a 2 year-long postgraduate course offered in both regular and distance modes of education.
IGNOU January 2024 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 10th March 2024. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honors courses).
Course Details Of Distance M.Tech At IGNOU
|Distance M. Tech. (Master’s in Technology)
|Duration of the course is up till 2 years minimum and 3 years maximum
|No age limit specifically
|Should have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology with a minimum aggregate of 55%
|Varies according to the specializations
The course is offered in numerous specializations and therefore, it has a lot of career paths for the students. After the completion of M. Tech., one can definitely be called a “technologist” or a “researcher”. The field goes deep into the world of innovations and discoveries and thus, working on the advancement of technology in different sectors.
Benefits Of Doing M.Tech From IGNOU Through Distance Education Mode
Indira Gandhi National Open University, popularly known as IGNOU is a distance learning institution going on for a long time. The university was established in the year 1985 enacted by the Parliament and hence, making it a statutory body.
The university is old and holds a known reputation in India. The university is recognized by the University of Grants Commission and is renowned globally. IGNOU is running more than 200+ programs and has 21 schools of study at present.
IGNOU has spread over 67 regional centres with a team of 800 members of faculty. The university particularly works on advertising distance education all over the country.
- IGNOU offers M. Tech. in the distance mode of education in various specializations.
- Being a recognized university, it is likely that the degree from here will have certain dignity and identification.
- M. Tech. is offered for a minimum duration of 2 years and a maximum duration of 3 years at IGNOU.
- The university offers programs at a nominal fee than what the regular college charges.
- The university is known to have a flexible and smooth faculty and management system.
- Also, the university has its own placement cell and therefore, the candidates can also have an assurance for placements.
IGNOU Distance M.Tech. Syllabus
IGNOU offers M Tech Distance Education for a duration of a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 3 years. The course is offered in 10 different specializations at IGNOU. The given specializations are:
- M.Tech Programmes in Embedded System Design and Information Systems Security
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Microelectronics & VLSI Design
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Software Technology
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with Networking & Telecommunication
- M.Tech in Nanoelectronic
- M.Tech in Nanotechnology
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Intelligent Systems & Robotics
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialisation in Intelligent Transportation Systems
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Satellite Communication & Space Systems
- M.Tech in Advanced Information Technology with specialization in Automotive Engineering & E- Manufacturing
The syllabus will vary as per the specialization you will choose. Every specialization will have a different area that it will cover, so the syllabus will be according to that.
IGNOU Distance M. Tech. Fees Structure 2024
The fee structure at IGNOU is comparatively more reasonable than at any other regular college. The university is renowned to serve an abundant number of courses with a fee structure much more affordable than what the regular course takes up. However, the fee structure will vary according to the specialization you will choose.
The official website of IGNOU has all the courses mentioned along with the fee structure and the eligibility criteria. The fee structure has a very slight difference between all the specializations. And thus, it is reasonable for all the candidates.
Moreover, distance M. Tech. in itself is a better option for those who are working and still wish to have a master’s degree added to their qualifications. Click here for the detailed guide!
IGNOU Distance M.Tech Study Material
- IGNOU serves a faculty known to be reliable and smooth for every student.
- Being a highly recognized institution, the university maintains decorum and provides the students with all the necessary requirements so that they don’t struggle to study.
- The university offers the study material for any program you enrol yourself into. The study material is available in both online and offline modes.
- The online study material is very quick and easy to find. It is available on the official website of IGNOU. As soon as you enrol yourself into M. Tech. by filling up the application form and completing all the necessary requirements, you will be updated with the study material on your dashboard.
- The offline study material is not available at all the regional centres, however, it is available at some. You have to go to the nearest regional centre in order to collect the material.
- There are virtual platforms where IGNOU manages its online classes as well; such as eGyanKosh and Education Broadcast.
- Other than that, IGNOU also serves the students with its own mobile application for the content and study material. Read: Online M Tech Courses!
IGNOU Distance M.Tech Prospectus 2024
The prospectus of IGNOU is available on its official website. The applicants can visit IGNOU’s official website and will find the prospectus on the main Admissions page. The prospectus consists of all the important information in a detailed form. The information regarding the course details, the fee structure, the eligibility for that particular course or any other, the admission procedure and all other necessary information.
The candidates should go through the prospectus before applying for the registration process. It will only help them in knowing what they are stepping into and will make them much more informed. Read: Which university is best for m tech distance education?
Admission Procedure Of Distance M.Tech At IGNOU(2024)
The admission process at IGNOU starts in the month of January and June as: the January Session and June Session. The admissions this year were extended till 1 5th April. The admissions procedure works both online and offline. The official website of IGNOU has its application forms available. The admissions are done directly by filling out the application after you fulfil all the necessary eligibility requirements.
During the process of filling up the application form, the candidate also has to keep in mind to pay the registration fee of INR 200. Along with the registration fee, the candidate can also submit the admission fee as soon as his/her form is accepted. Read: M Tech Admission Process!
Eligibility For IGNOU Distance M.Tech Courses
There are certain eligibility requirements that one has to keep in mind while they apply for M. Tech. at IGNOU, such as:
- The candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology, with a minimum aggregate of 55% or equivalent grades.
- The candidates who have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation or equivalent will also be eligible for M. Tech.
The candidates should also have basic knowledge of Data Communication and Networking Programming , Background in C and C++.
IGNOU Distance M.Tech Placement
- M. Tech. is a master’s degree in different sectors of Technology. The degree itself is a highly honoured degree which opens numerous options for the students.
- The degree takes you into the field of technologists and research. The students with a degree of M. Tech. are likely to go into the areas of analysing as analysts.
- Some basic job profiles for individuals with M. Tech. degrees are: Project Manager, Research Associate, and Senior Engineers. These are some of the job profiles that you might find in IT companies.
- If you wish to study further even after completing M. Tech., then you can also go for Ph. D. A lot of postgraduates in M. Tech. consider studying Ph. D. Here, you will fully devote yourself to research and it goes into the area of writing research papers and stating innovative ideas.
- The postgraduates in M. Tech. will also find scope for themselves in the public sector. Some government organizations such as: the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd., etc. offer good job opportunities to the individuals. Read: M Tech for Working Professionals!
Conclusion Of IGNOU Distance M.Tech
M. Tech. is one of the most valuable courses and is considered to be highly reputed. The course opens a door to an excitingly bright future and is equally interesting as well. The candidates who are stuck in the workplace environment and still wish to study M.Tech in any of their desired domains, IGNOU has made a way for the students because of this.
The fact that IGNOU is identified and dignified, it is likely to have credibility and so will the degree obtained by it. Apart from that, IGNOU also has its own placement cell which solves the issue of placements and scope as well. Thus, IGNOU turns out to be a reliable option to study M. Tech.