IGNOU offers an abundance of courses in distance and online mode in different areas. The courses cover wide sections of management, social science, science and technology, humanities, commerce and many more. IGNOU is running more than 200 programs at present and has a faculty of more than 800 members.
IGNOU January 2024 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 10th March 2024. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honors courses).
What Is Distance B.Tech Admissions Process 2024?
Admissions for distance B. Tech. at IGNOU, i.e. Indira Gandhi National Open University starts in January and July. IGNOU conducts the admissions procedure in just two sessions- January and July. The application form can be filled out once you complete the requirements of the eligibility criteria.
Course Details For Distance B.Tech IGNOU
|School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
|Graduation in the specific domain
|Eligibility criteria to be fulfilled
|INR 20, 000
Benefits Of Doing Distance & Online B.Tech Program From IGNOU
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a highly recognized institution with approval and recognition from UGC-DEB. The university was established in 1985 with the intent to promote distance education throughout the country. Distance B Tech is one of the selling courses in IGNOU and has a specialization in Civil Engineering.
The university offers a 4-year long bachelor’s program for a minimum duration which is extendable to 10 years maximum. The students get to study construction management and other areas of specialization in civil engineering. The career options after the course are widely spread and will provide a bright future.
Distance learning is a process that also lets a student understand self-studying and self-learning. The working individuals are at a benefitting stage when they apply for distance and online modes of education.
B. Tech. individuals that are also preparing for any other competitive exams should also apply for distance mode as it will save their time and help them more with investing time.
Eligibility & Fee Structure For IGNOU Distance & Online B.Tech Course
There is a minimum eligibility criterion that IGNOU follows before starting the admission process. The candidates should have any of the below eligibility options fulfilled before they apply:
- The candidates must have a passing certificate in 10+2 in the equivalent stream from a recognized board.
- The candidates who have a 3-year diploma degree in Civil/ Electrical/ Chemical/ Mechanical/ Computer/ Architecture Engineering from a recognized polytechnic or in the same domain are also eligible for distance B. Tech. at IGNOU.
- The individuals who are employed or self-employed are also eligible for distance B. Tech. at IGNOU.
Fee Structure: The fee structure at IGNOU for B. Tech. is INR 20, 000 for the overall course. The course has 8 semesters with a time duration of a minimum of 4 years and a maximum level of 10 years. The fee structure, here, is comparatively much more affordable than at other universities. The fee is to be paid online along with the whole admission process.
Admission Procedure Of Distance B.Tech Course At IGNOU (2024)
- The admission procedure takes place two times of the year for January and July sessions. To start with the admission process, one has to first get himself registered in the university.
- The students can find the registration form on the official website of the university and they will find an online admissions form for this session. The candidates need to read the instructions and click submit.
- The registration form will appear asking for some necessary details such as username, full name of the applicant, email address, phone number and password. Press register and continue.
- After reading all the necessary information, you will receive your login credentials to login as an applicant and you can fill the application form.
- There are certain documents that will be required to submit some documents for the application form. Before filling the application form, you must keep all the documents ready.
- The documents will require: scanned image of identity proof, scanned photograph, scanned image of signature, scanned copy of educational qualification.
- The admission process will continue after the submission of all the documents, you will then be asked to choose the course and the subjects you want.
Read: What Is Career Guidance?
IGNOU Distance & Online B.Tech Course Prospectus 2024
The candidates should download the prospectus of IGNOU from the official website, the updated and revised prospectus will be available on the main website of the university. The prospectus has been built to provide necessary detailed information and rules and regulations of the university.
The prospectus will clear out all the queries of the students and will answer all of their questions regarding the university and the specific course.
The prospectus will have detailed information about the course details, fee structure, syllabus, faculty, admission procedure, eligibility criteria and so on. The university has made a prospectus to guide the students and help them with their questions.
Placement After Online and Distance B.Tech Degree
IGNOU has its own placement cell which was established in the year 2005 to help the students with the placement as well. The placement cell is popularly known as Campus Placement Cell (CPC) which focuses on arranging and organizing job fairs. It also enhances employability in the country and at the university’s regional centers.
This placement system helps the students with the job options and hence, motivates the students to not be so confused about starting distance learning.