MBA or master’s of business administration is a course that becomes the most pursued post-graduation course in India. An online MBA degree is an excellent choice taken by the students to upgrade their careers at a high level. Due to the popularity of the MBA course, many universities provide this course in various specializations.
There are many specializations available in the MBA course, this will help the students to learn their interesting subject during MBA and also one of the reasons for the popularity of the MBA course. But what if a student is interested in learning two specializations together. To resolve this problem the dual specialization course of MBA is created. In this course, students can choose two specializations of their choice and take command of both specializations.
What Is MBA Dual Specialization?
Online MBA in dual specialization is a professional degree designed for the aspirants who want to make their career in business and management. The aspirants have the option to complete this dual specialization MBA course through distance learning or online or in regular mode. Dual specialization courses also hold a solid value in the job market.
The dual specialization degree is an effective degree that has excellent esteem in the job market. The duration of the course is 2 years which is further divided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. The course imparts the knowledge of various management aspects that can be used to run a business smoothly and effectively.
The MBA in dual specialization course will help the students to make an efficacious career in various business aspects. The students will get various practical skills as well as work experience during the course. The course will also help in learning some essential skills that would be used in the business industry to take the business to a peak.
Some of the skills are communication skills, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, influencing skills, team handling skills, etc. These skills will also affect your lifestyle positively and also helps in developing your personality. This is also one of the specialities of the MBA course.
Read: What Is the Full Form of MBA?
MBA Dual Specialization Online and Distance Education In India
The good news for the aspirants who do not have enough time to attend daily classes is that the dual specialization course of MBA is also available online or through distance learning education. During the online/ distance learning course the students can take the classes from anywhere at any time and also they can consume their spare time on other activities that would enhance their careers.
Read: What Is Distance MBA?
They can either join a diploma course to learn any skills that will help them to thrive or they can join other activities like sports etc. The online MBA in dual specialization is also a cost-effective course as the fee of the distance/online learning MBA courses is a bit lower than the regular MBA courses. It also cut off the extra expenses like travelling expenses, lodging expenses, and other extravagant expenditures as the students can take the classes from their homes.
The online/ distance MBA dual specialization course can be beneficial for working professionals. The professionals can earn an extra edge in the competitive job market by gaining the two skill sets during the course. They can upgrade their posts in the current company or can apply for better posts in other companies. Through this MBA degree for working professionals, they can even think about starting their own business.
Dual Specialization MBA VS Single Specialization MBA
Most of the students get confused between the dual specialization course and the dual degree course. The dual specialization course is different from the dual degree course in the context of the MBA. The dual specialization is learning the two specializations of MBA together like finance with marketing or HR with marketing.
The dual degree course is getting two-degree together like an MBA with MSc. The single specialization course of MBA is getting a general MBA degree like an MBA in Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Marketing Management, etc.
Dual specialization has now become a new trend to pursue an MBA course. The market needed people with versatility and also people with multi-talent to handle any task. Dual specialization courses impart the knowledge and skills of two specializations together that makes the students more talented and they can easily get a job in this competitive world.
While during a single specialization course the students will only stir to a single specialization either they can learn marketing management or they can learn finance management will also limit the job opportunities for the students.
The specializations of dual specialization of MBA course are listed below:
- Accounting and Finance
- Accounting and Taxation
- Analytics and Finance
- Analytics and Marketing
- Analytics and Accounting
- Cybersecurity and Logistics
- Human Resource Management and Organizational Leadership
- Marketing and Finance
- Marketing and Operations Management
- Marketing and Human Resource Management
- Operations and Human Resource Management
Benefits of Dual Specialization In MBA
As the dual specialization of MBA is a trending course it has various benefits. Some of the benefits are mentioned here that will make your vision more clear about the dual specialization MBA course.
- First and the most common benefit of the dual specialization course is that you can use the dual specializations strategically in uncertain market trends. If one sector of your specialization is going down, the other might be not. You can go for the most trending sector of the market.
- The dual specialization course will provide the knowledge of two specializations and when you have more than one skill sets the chances of facing failure in the career prospectus will go down. The company needs more talented people to become successful in the market and a person with two skill sets can become an effective asset to the company.
- The dual specialization course of MBA will provide more job opportunities to the degree holders as the students go for job sectors related to both specializations.
- When you understand different aspects of business management, you can become an entrepreneur. It would be easy for you to open up new startups as you have the knowledge and skills in different management aspects.
- Sometimes we got confused in choosing the right career for us. Through the dual specialization course, you have the option to switch the career and it would be easy to switch the career as you have the proper knowledge of two specializations.
Scope of Dual Specialization In MBA
The MBA dual degree program has a lot of scope for graduates. A degree is not enough to witness the fierce market competition. The MBA degree is specialized in human resources, marketing, finance, information technology, family company, enterprise, and international business.
It is a diploma in which a candidate is able to gain experience in a wide variety of subjects. In contrast to a simple MBA or a direct master’s program, this offers border job opportunities in various sectors.
Masters in Business Management has combined specializations like Human resource management and Marketing, Financial and marketing management, etc.
These combinations make the degree more extensive and esteem relative to other graduate programs. These combinations with their MBA tend to broaden the reach and expand the graduate’s knowledge base.
MBA Dual Specialization In HR And Marketing
MBA Dual Specialization in HR and Marketing is a combination course of two specializations human resource management and marketing management. Human resource management provides the knowledge of converting humans into resources to fulfil the goals of a company and marketing management provides the knowledge and skills of marketing factors that can be used in running a business.
The curriculum of this combination of dual specialization is created to provide potential knowledge of both specializations. You will get better job opportunities after completing the course as both the HR department and Marketing management are an essential part of the business. Thus, there are numerous vacancies in various companies that are open for MBA in HR and Marketing degree holders.
MBA Dual Specialization In Finance And Marketing
MBA dual specialization in finance and marketing is the combination course of financial management and marketing management. While marketing management gives the knowledge and skills about marketing terms on the other hand financial management provides the knowledge of financial terms that can be used to enhance the business.
The curriculum is designed to provide the proper knowledge of both specializations so that the student can hold command of financial terms while doing marketing. If you have an interest in learning the financial aspects and marketing terms then this combination of dual specialization is the best course for you.
MBA Dual Specialization Colleges In India
|Alliance Institute of Management
|Hyderabad Business School – HBS
|Jaipur National University
|MV Media Institute
|Sharda University – SU
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University
|ITM University, Gwalior
|School of Business Management SVKM’s
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
MBA Dual Specialization Colleges In Bangalore
- Christ University, Bangalore
- GEMS B School, Bengaluru
- Bengaluru School of Management Studies GITAM, Bengaluru
- Ramaiah Institute of Management Studies Sciences, Bangalore
- Karnataka Folklore University, Shiggavi
- KLE Society S Nijalingappa College, Bengaluru
- Bhavan SIET Institute of Management, Bangalore
MBA Dual Specialization Colleges In Kerala
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode – IIMK
- Indian School of Business Management and Administration (ISBM)
- Amrita School of Business – Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Vedavyasa Institute of Technology
- Toc H Institute of Science & Technology
- Saintgits College of Engineering
MBA Dual Specialization Colleges In Hyderabad
- Vishwa Vishwani Institute of Systems & Manag
- Hyderabad Business School
- Vignana Jyothi Institute Of Management
- Institute of Management Technology
- Institute of Management Technology
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology