Distance/Part-Time/Correspondence BTech In Assam
There are many educational authorities situated in Assam providing education for many years to the students. In Assam, many engineering colleges are established for providing various courses related to engineering to the aspirants. In the table given below, you can check the list of 20 Top Btech colleges in Assam.
Top Government/Private/Distance/Part-Time BTech Colleges In Assam
|Name of Institution||
|1||Indian Institute of Information Technology||Guwahati|
|2||National Institute of Technology,||Silchar|
|3||Assam Engineering College||Guwahati|
|4||Assam Science and Technology University||Guwahati|
|5||Baleswar Brahma Engineering College,||Kokrajhar|
|6||Central Institute of Technology,||Kokrajhar|
|7||Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology||Guwahati|
|8||Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management and Technology,||Tezpur|
|9||Indian Institute of Technology||Guwahati|
|10||Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dibrugarh University||Dibrugarh|
|11||Institute of Science and Technology, Guwahati University||Guwahati|
|12||Jorhat Engineering College||Jorhat|
|13||Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology,||Jorhat|
|14||NETES Institute of Technology & Science Mirza,||Jorhat|
|15||Barak Valley Engineering College||Nirala Karimganj|
|16||Assam Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology||Guwahati|
|17||Golaghat Engineering College||Golaghat|
|18||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani, Mizoram||Assam Admission Point|
|19||Lingayas University, Mizoram Admission Point||Assam Admission Point|
|20||Shri Venkateshwara University,||Assam Admission Point|
Assam the land of the beautiful valley located in Northeast India is also serving the quality in the context of education to the students. Many students migrate to Assam to get a better education with a calm and peaceful experience of beautiful nature.
BTech or Bachelor of Technology courses is a course that allows the students to start their career as an engineer. The Btech course can only be pursued after completing 10+2 with the science stream from a recognized board. There is tough competition in getting admission to the Btech course as many students want to acquire this course after completing senior secondary education.
Every student could not get admission to the course due to this competition. So for the students who are willing to pursue the B.TEch course but are not able to take regular classes Distance BTech course has been invented. The Distance B.Tech course is the course that provides equal knowledge of engineering as provided during the regular BTech course.
Distance BTech – Course Details
|Full-Form||Distance Bachelor of Technology|
|Duration||Course Duration of Distance B.Tech is 4 Years.|
|Subjects Required||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Average Fees Incurred||INR 12,500 – INR 6 L per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5.47 L per annum|
|Employment Roles||Software Engineer, Manager, Team Lead, Software Developer, Senior Software Engineer|
|Placement Opportunities||Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys, HCL, Accenture, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, Oracle|
Specializations of Distance/Part-Time/Correspondence BTech In Assam
The duration of the distance BTech course is 4 years which is further carved up into 8 semesters of 6 months each. The Distance Btech course is divided into different specializations or branches. The students have the option of choosing one branch according to their interests and career goals. Let’s have a look at these specializations.
|Mechanical Engineering||* Automobile Engineering
* Robotics and Automation
* Internet of Things
* Cyber Security
* Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Engineering Science||* Environmental Science
* Geospatial Science
* Materials Science
Eligibility Criteria of Distance/Part-Time BTech In Assam
For taking admission to the distance BTech course every student needs to follow certain eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of the distance B.Tech course are very simple and straightforward. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below for the reference of the students.
- Candidates who have passed their class 12th in the science stream are eligible to take admission to the B.Tech course.
- Students are required to pass their higher secondary education from an affiliated board.
- Students also need to have a 3-year diploma completed from a recognized institution.
- Some universities also conduct Entrance examinations for accepting admission in B.Tech. The candidates need to pass the entrance to reach the assigned cut-off to get admission.
- Students who want to achieve more knowledge in the field of engineering should definitely apply for this course.
Top Government/Private/Distance/Part-Time BTech Colleges In Assam According to the rank of NIRF
|NIRF All India Rank 2020||NIRF All India Rank 2019||Change||
Average Annual BTech Fees
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati||7||7||0||INR 2,20,000|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar||46||51||+5||INR 1,50,000|
|IIT Guwahati||66||NP||–||INR 2,30,000|
Admission Process – Distance/Correspondence/Part-Time BTech Colleges In Assam
It is easy to follow the admission process to the Btech schools in Assam. Go to the official college website where you plan to receive your admission. Sign in to the entrance portal and complete the relevant form info. Follow the further process with the required documents uploaded on the portal. Submit the fees according to the course.
The college will after the procedure review your document and give you the registered contact information confirmation. Admission form, paperwork and college fees can also be submitted offline by visiting the colleges.
Career Opportunities After Completing Distance/Part-Time BTech
- MNC’s / Private Sector – In the private sector there are a vast number of job opportunities for BTech degree holders. In all engineering streams, they can have a decent amount of pay. The struggle is to get a job in the private sector
- PSUs/ Public Service Undertaking — Government enterprises are public sector enterprises (PSUs). These firms perform independent recruiting tests of their own. ISRO, DRDO, NIC are some of these organizations (National informatics centre.) Some PSUs provide GATE-based opportunities. B.Tech for working professionals curriculum is the basis of the curricula for all these examinations.
- Civil Services – Civil services would be the right option for you if you want to improve the system and culture. The CSP is an Indian national review undertaken by the UPSC to hire various government services, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and the Indian Police Service. The Indian Police Examination (IPS).
- Entrepreneurship– It’s a way to create, start and run a new company. For example, how do you demonstrate your product, and how do you get a customer like a start-up with a new business.