What Is A Distance/Online MBA In Supply Chain Management?
Online/Distance MBA in supply chain management is a 2 years Post-graduation course of MBA specialized in the subjects related to supply chain management. The course can only be pursued after completion of the bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
Supply chain management refers to the management of the flow of goods and services including the process of preparing the final goods from raw materials. The students get detailed knowledge of the management of the supply chain during the course.
The online MBA In Supply Chain Management course can be pursued by regular as well as distance learning education methods. The distance and online MBA in supply chain management course is specially created for those students who are keen to learn supply chain management after completing the bachelor’s but do not have time to take regular classes and also for those students who want to pursue higher studies in supply chain management without affecting their career.
The online and distance MBA course is equally valid in the job market and approved by the Distance Education Department of the University Grant Commission. The course can provide many job opportunities to the students in top recruiting companies as the supply chain sector requires large manpower to meet up all the goals.
There is a high demand for MBA degree holders specialized in supply chain management in both private and government firms. So the students may get job opportunities in government firms also. The salary packages are also good in the supply chain management field.
The fee structure of the distance and online MBA course specialized in supply chain management course is also a bit lower than the regular MBA courses. Every student who wants to make their career in the field of supply chain management can afford this course and upgrade their career.
The eligibility criteria for admission to a distance and online MBA in supply chain management course is that the student needs to clear a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university by UGC and AICTE.
Please note that there are few major differences between online & distance education, thereby they are not the same.
– Major differences between them are: NAAC, UGC & NIRF approvals are needed for Online universities whereas UGC-DEB approvals are needed for distance universities.
– Secondly, the examination mode differs, in online mode you give examinations online, in distance mode you give examinations by going to the examination center.
– The third difference is its learning mode, online universities will have LMS (Learning Management System) whereas distance universities will have textbooks sent to you.
*Syllabus, duration, eligibility & job opportunities will remain the same but only fees might differ.
Read: Best MBA Online Courses In India
Distance/Online MBA Supply Chain Management Subjects/Syllabus
The curriculum of distance and online MBA supply chain management is created to provide detailed knowledge about the management of the supply chain. The student will learn the application of the theoretical knowledge of converting raw material into final goods during the distance MBA supply chain management course.
The major subjects of the course are Management Accounting, Managerial Economics, Human Resource Management, Indian Ethos, Business Values, International Business Management, Entrepreneurship & Managerial Skill Development, etc.
|Paper Title||Paper Title|
|Management Accounting||Human Resource Management|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Corporate Finance|
|Organizational Behavior and Design||Marketing Management|
|Quantitative Techniques for Management||Operations & Production Management|
|Managerial Economics||Research Methodology|
|Business Communication||International Business Management|
|Computer Application in Management||Management Information Systems|
|Environmental and Disaster Management||Indian Ethos and Business Values|
|Paper Title||Paper Title|
|Strategic Management||Project Management|
|Entrepreneurship & Managerial Skill Development||Business & Legal Environment|
|Training and Development||Competency Mapping and Talent Management|
|Enterprise Resource Planning||Production Planning and Control|
|Total Quality Management||Inventory Management|
|Supply Chain Management||Research Project|
Benefits Of Distance/Online MBA in Supply Chain Management
- The MBA in Supply Management distance and online learning program has a great career advantage, as it has always been one of the strongest courses in the world of education for masters and the demand for jobs.
- MBA in Supply Management online Learning Program is a two-year online program that helps you to follow your work and your MBA course. It’s a course that can only help you upgrade your skills and job aspects without compromising your current career.
- MBA in Supply Management distance and online learning is a successful course to work as it helps you to both work and research. Anywhere you like, you can take online classes without stopping in your work.
- MBA in Supply Chain Management online and distance education in a 2-year program improves the potential of a given business or for their own companies to understand the complete supply of the goods and services and its management.
- MBA in Supply Management online and Distance Learning is a suitable course for those who have experience in supplying goods and have trading experience, expertise, and accounting skills.
- MBA funding online and distance learning in remote mode is less expensive than traditional MBA programs. The daily course fees are much more costly but they keep it in a remote mode so that you can easily pay the fee without impacting your income.
- You can take lessons in distance mode anywhere and anytime. If you are a working professional or a business owner then distance learning gives you time and money flexibility.
- The MBA in Supply Management online training benefits from being able to follow the curriculum and apply for the jobs because a lot of jobs are open for MBA in supply chain management experts.
Read: What Is Distance MBA?
Distance/Online MBA in Supply Chain Management Fees 2023
The fee structure of an MBA in supply chain management depends on the university. All universities have their own fee criteria for the course MBA in supply chain management through distance learning.
An aggregate fee structure for the distance and online MBA specialized in supply chain management course is between Rs 40,000 to Rs 2,00,000 per annum. The aspirants can check the fee structure of the university on its portal and take admission according to their budget.
Online/Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management Eligibility & Admission 2023
The eligibility criteria of a distance and online learning MBA in supply chain management is that the aspirant should fulfill a minimum of the requirement for admission. The students must have passed a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a UGC or AICTE recognized university to take admission in distance MBA specialized in supply chain management course.
A minimum of 50% of aggregate is required in a bachelor’s degree to get admission to an MBA in finance. Bachelor’s degree in any subject like BSc/BCA/BCOM/BBA/BA can take admission in MBA in supply chain management through distance learning.
Duration For Online/Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management
MBA in supply chain management through distance learning is a 2 years post-graduation program subdivided into 4 semesters of 6 months each. The students will learn all subjects within the time period of 2 years.
Know More – M.Tech Vs MBA – Which is a Better Option After B.Tech
Best Colleges for Distance/Online MBA in Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management is an essential part of running any business smoothly. The distance and online MBA supply chain management course also provide plenty of job opportunities for the students.
Many students are keen to pursue an MBA in supply chain management specialization after completing a bachelor’s degree. This will create a demand for universities.
To reach this demand many universities have taken steps to provide this MBA supply chain management course through regular as well as distance methods. Some of the best online and distance education colleges providing distance MBA courses in supply chain management are listed here for the preference of the students:-
|Lovely professional university||JSS Academy of higher education and research|
|University of petroleum and energy studies||Saveetha School of management|
|Chitkara university||BML Munjal university|
VELS institute of science technology & advanced studies
|DY Patil university||Amity University|
|Karunya Institute of technology and sciences||IGNOU|
Online/Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management Average Salary In India
The salary package of the MBA degree holders in supply chain management is highly dependent upon the skills and the calibre of doing any work of the student. The estimated amount of salary in this field is about 3.5L to 10L per year.
Know More – The Future Of MBA 2.0: Is An MBA Worth It
Career Prospect For Online/Distance MBA in Supply Chain Management
The supply chain management sector of any organization needs large manpower to fulfill the goals of the organization. Due to this reason, there is a high demand for MBA degree holders in supply chain management in almost every organization.
The students can also apply for government jobs and get secured jobs in many supply chain management sectors. Here is the list of top recruiting companies and posts where the students can apply after completing the distance MBA in supply chain management course:-
Top Recruiting Companies:-
|GATI||Jubilant Life Sciences||DTDC||Accenture|
|Hitachi Transport Service||Expeditors India||TCS||Dart Global Logistics|
|TNT India||DHL||Indian Air Force||—|
Top Posts at which the students can apply:-
|Business Development Manager||Research Officer||Head of Supply|
|Logistics Manager||Warehouse Operations Manager||Demand Planner|
|Material Manager||Vendor Managed Inventory Coordinator||Procurement Consultant|
|Transportation Manager||Inventory Control Manager||–|
|System Support Manager||Supply Chain Manager|