The Commerce sector is one of the remunerative fields that handles the monetary flow of the industrial, corporate, or MNCs world. Many Commerce students don’t know what to do after their graduation, in which profession they make their careers who pays the highest salary packages. Although there are many career opportunities in the commerce sector and here you can check out this career guidance blog and make your career paths after your commerce degree.
India’s top ten highest-paid jobs in the commerce sector
If you choose wisely, a commerce student has high-paid jobs and job security. The opportunities which are available in the market for building a successful career of being a commerce student.
A few basic responsibilities are expected from a commerce student that they should be good at handling the investments, financial, accounts, related monetary world fully efficiently.
Here we have listed India’s top ten highest-paid jobs in the commerce sector.
#10 Retail Manager
Retail Managers are the management bodies in the commerce job list of supermarkets in the business world. From stores to retail businesses, a retail manager is a person for that regulation. They run one or more retail outlets to look at the daily operations of a company that also includes the under-supporting staff.
- Candidates should have passed their graduation degree in any discipline with an aggregate of 45% marks from a recognized university/institute.
- Candidates are also required to qualify for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, GMAT, etc.
- A Master’s degree holder can also apply in this profession as a retail manager.
- Manage employees, staff, and customer’s problems.
- Ensure the company or store is always stocked up.
- Maintain a good relationship with customers and customers’ demands.
- Smart, and high on communicative skills.
Salary: In the recent prevailing retailing time, the retail managers offer starting salary which is ranges between INR 2,00,000 per annum to INR 8,00,000 per annum with the incentives, bonuses, and the commissions they will get in their shifts.
#9 Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager is the head of the marketing world/ department of a particular organization. They are in charge of the firm marketing products and services of the company. This profession is one of the most sought careers in the business sector. Marketing Managers are advertising deals with public relations in order to maximize the sales, products, and the presence of the firm or company. Commerce students can also apply for a marketing manager job profile.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the field of commerce or management specialization.
- They must score above 55% aggregate marks in their undergraduate course such as Marketing, Public Relations, Accounting, Finance, Business Trade, B.com are to be preferred to become a marketing manager.
- They just need to manage the employees of the marketing department.
- Has to be creative and to provide the inputs to the product and services.
- Candidates must have to navigate multiple factors of the marketing world.
- The candidate must be agile, innovative, or high in communicative skills.
Salary: Currently, a Market Manager (MM) gets a salary in the range of INR 3,00,00 – 7,00,00 per annum and they also get bonuses and commissions on the sale of a product in their existing salaries.
#8 Research Analyst
A Research Analyst is a professional who prepares investigation reports on the securities of the company or big firms. Reacher analyst is a crucial position in the company as well as government departments. They are the persons who are directly being answerable to the senior management staff who are sitting at the higher position. Commerce students are eligible for the Research Analyst job profile.
- Minimum qualification required to become a Marketing Manager is that a student must have a bachelor’s degree in the Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, and other specializations.
- Students who have done graduation in B.Com (Honors), Economics, or other programmes are also eligible to make their career.
- Students can also take participate in management-based programmes, events, or continuing education certification of business-related ground to improve their skills, knowledge to deal and stand out in the business world.
- Candidates are best in analyzing the data to spot the factors of risk and opportunities in the firm.
- File a report in of the market and the completion, advantages, etc.
- Have analytical skills in making or editing the company data for further use.
Salary: A Research Analyst’s salary in India ranges from INR 3,00,000 per annum to INR 9,00,000 per annum. This amount goes better with the experience of the business field.
#7 Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager (HR Manager) is a person who manages or is in charge of the human capital department in the corporate business world. Their mere aim is to manage the system of employees to the administration or the managing bodies of the firm. They (HR managers) recruit new staff, take interviews, and work on the strategies, and planning of the company’s growth/ profit. Students that are from a commerce background can also apply for a human resource manager profile.
- To pursue a career in HRM, a student must have completed their bachelor’s degree in the field of management or other relevant BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration) / MBA (Masters of Business Administration) HRM specializations.
- Students must have scored above 55% marks in their graduation from an authorized DEB-UGC-approved college/ university/ institution.
- Students must have studied or belonged from a commerce background with the combination of Business Studies, Accounts, Economics, Mathematics or English subjects.
Skills Required :
- Their main focus is to run the managing department to ensure the staff or employees should be satisfied and happy in the organization.
- The HR managers must have interpersonal or interpersonal skills.
- Multi-tasker, creative to entertain the staff/ employees with fun activities, events,s or other such tasks assigned to them.
- HR managers also have to put their ideas, concepts, plans, to execute them into practical life/reality into events or other such activities.
Salary: The Human Resource Managers play one of the essential parts in the management bodies to directly connect with the employees. They build a communication gap in the department to keep them running smoothly with all hands. Therefore, they are paid so well their salary goes up and down as per the corporate world or government firm. Their basic average salary ranges in between INR 3,00,000 – INR 7,00,000 per annum and the amount of salary will go high when an HR is experienced.
#6 Logistics Analyst
Logistics is an essential aspect of any business/ venture that deals with the services to the customers or buyers or products of a company. The logistics department oversees the cycle of a manufacturer’s product and process. A Bachelor of commerce degree holder is too eligible for a logistics analyst job profile.
- Candidates who are willing to pursue this profession as a logistics analyst they need to hold a bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Mathematics, B.Com, or other related fields.
- They must score above 55% aggregate marks in their undergraduate specialized courses or degrees.
- MBA (Masters of Business), M.Com (Masters of Commerce) student can apply to the logistics department as an analyst.
Skills Required :
- Know the core knowledge of the Business world to deal with any problem, situation, and zeal to give solutions. Ideas and concepts.
- Have a business-oriented mind to build their venture and avenues to the company.
- Excellent reporting, presentation, to perform agnatically.
Salary: The logistic analyst earns or is offered an average salary in the range fro, INR 2,00,00 per annum up to 10,00,000 per annum with the time the salary amount increases.
#5 Investment Banker
The Investment Banker is one of the hardworking fields and comes under the core commerce job list, it regulates the monetary-based transactions, and public dealing, of the commerce industry. They are the financial advisory officers which are deported in the private small to big firms as well as government departments.
- To become an investment banker students must have studied commerce in their 10+2 examination boards from the combination subjects of Accounts, Business Studies, Mathematics, Economics with above 70% or above aggregate marks of 12th boards.
- 10+2 should be done from a recognized board of education (CBSE/ ICSE/ or any other state board)
- Students must hold a graduation degree in the same commerce specialization such as B.com Honors (Bachelors of Commerce Honors), B.com Programme (Bachelors of Commerce Programme), Economics Honors, BBA (Bachelors of Business Application), or other professional degree holders like M.Com (Masters of Commerce), MBA (Masters of Business Administration) and their specializations.
- Investment bankers work with a number of digits, people then they must have communicative and analytical skills.
- Safeguard the monetary flow, investments, and risks.
- Investment bankers work as leaders, to lead the financial industry with leadership skills, to command in the financial or market-related capital investment with expert advice.
Salary: Investment bankers are the highest public dealing professionals in the commerce or finance field. An investment banker/ banker offered a salary of INR 7,00,000- INR 12,00,000 lakhs per annum. They regularly deal with the traction in the lakhs to crore on their daily basis of the investment level in the banking system.
List of Career options in the future
#4 Company Secretary (CS)
A Company Secretary holds a legal position in the company and this job profile is one of the top commerce jobs list. They are responsible for the administration and statutory process of the requirements of the organization or its employees. The CS is ultimately responsible for the tax obligations, legal filings, disclosures, shareholders, account information, and related capabilities of the corporate sector.
- To become a Company Secretary, a commerce student is eligible to pursue their career in this profile.
- A B.Com (Honors & Programme), Economics (Honors), BBA, or other commerce-related graduation degree holder needed to be entitled to the profession.
- Students need to do a 3-year professional degree course that is issued by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).
- The programme consists of the 4-levels to become a CS.
- Since the CS have to manage, they need to be versatile and flexible in nature.
- They need to be excellent in verbal or non-verbal communications to deal with the business world.
- Deep knowledge of company rules, regulations, and laws.
- Planning to execute the idea, concept, or thought into a tree of reality.
Salary: The Company Secretary profession is high in demand, they command a salary in the range from INR 5,00,00 per annum up to INR 12,00,000 per annum. It goes high with the practice of the company laws, registrar work, legal advice, company policy, planning, and the anchor of the other miscellaneous work.
#3 Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) offered handles, and the charge to all the financial statements of the public, private or individual accounts. The CPA aims at assisting the audits and other attestation services to inform the investors about the financial related requirements. CPA comes under the highest salary jobs for commerce students.
- To make your career in this field, a student must have a graduation degree in the B.Com (honors), Economics (Honors), or other equivalent degree related to commerce, finance, management, and business.
- Students have to adhere to the CPA license through the CPA semester course.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and interest in the corporate business world.
- In-depth knowledge of Financial, Taxation, Accounting, and technical software.
- Have a strong sense of business acumen and leadership qualities.
- High in communication skills and business-related knowledge.
Salary: CPAs are accounting experts and carry excellent command over the financial-related monetary world. Their work is extremely crucial to any private firm, organization, company or even the government department as well. However, they have brings out any situation with an expert overview. Currently, they are being offered the smart salary package in the commerce sector. Their starting salary ranges in between INR 6,00,000 per annum – INR 11,00,000 per annum and it goes higher with the knowledge and the experience a CPA will get from time to time, state to state or organization to organization.
#2 Chartered Accountant (CA)
The role of a Chartered Accountant (CA) is to manage or involves in the company’s finances, taxations, accounts, budgeting, auditing, business strategies of the organization’s goodwill. The CA profession is one of the second-most high-paid careers in the field of commerce. This profession is high in demand too, as because the CAs is a person who works at the backend of the monetary finances. CAs have the freedom to work full time as well as freelancers for an organization or individual to serve their services to people who needs them. CA is the highest paid job in India in commerce field.
- Students must have studied B.Com or commerce subjects (Economics, Business Studies, Accounts, Mathematics) in graduation or either in their 12th boards.
- A minimum of 60% or above percentage marks are eligible to apply for this respectful job position.
- Need to be really good with the numbers, digitals, figures of the accounting.
- Need to have an excellent sense of analytical and auditing skills.
- Open-minded, flexible, courageous, and have a feasible attitude.
- Balance the accounts, and make reports of the finances.
Salary: The salary of the CA starts from lakhs, their salary ranges from INR 8,00,000 per annum up to INR 15,00,000 per annum. It all depends on the profit and the project or the organization. CAs are also eligible to start their own business, venture or firms to earn in a potential way for further profits.
#1 Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is one of the highest- positions in the hierarchy of the officer ranks in the company. Their primary goals are to make company rules, decisions, manage all the responsibilities, operations, and resources of the company or organization. CEO is appointed or elected by the board and the shareholders. This job profile comes among the highest salary jobs for commerce students in abroad and India.
- As he/ she is the person who is the charge of the organization.
- To become a CEO of the company, there is no such specific specialization is needed to stand in that position.
- Most of the CEOs have more experience as compared to which stream they have come from,
- But the graduation in the honored course is important as the minimum eligibility.
- If a person have a Postgraduation or MBA (Masters of Business) degree in management, finance, business, or other specialization they can also be eligible to become a CEO of the company.
- Foremost the experience is what you needed to become a CEO.
- Excellent leadership qualities, communication, and the management skills to lead an organization.
- Need to have a good business sense with an understanding of all the aspects of the business or corporate world.
- Have to be a good listener, decision-maker who represents the whole company.
- Carry a positive aura, think in a strong analytical way, understands the risks and the opportunities of the market.
- Who believes in the growth of her/ himself and walks with the company’s growth as well.
Salary: Knowing that what position a CEO holds in a company, it will also be clear that the salary package he/she will be offered. The salary a CEO makes in a year ranges above 30,00,000 per annum or it goes high as the experience and the company’s profit which a CEO will also earn the same yearly amount in a month as well. It all depends upon the company’s work, report, and surplus of the organization. CEOs also get bonuses, Stock- options, Commissions, and other profit-sharing options for the company.
Here is the list of some topics related to career options for the future in India.
|What to Do After BCom||Job Oriented courses||What to Do After BBA|
|Arts Jobs List and Salary In India||Course After 12th Commerce||Professional Courses after Graduation|
|Salary for IAS In India||Highest Paying Jobs In India||Highest Paid Jobs In India|