Admissions to Distance MBA at Indira Gandhi National Open University opened in Jan and July. MBA Admission to IGNOU is done based on marks obtained during the entrance exam OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU and the last date for registration of IGNOU MBA admission has been extended.
IGNOU January 2023 Session: Registration started; Check out the steps to apply and more. The last date to apply online for this session is 31st March 2023. Click here! Students can apply for various bachelor’s, master’s, diploma, postgraduate diploma, and certificate courses (both program and honors courses).
IGNOU MBA Admission 2023 Highlights
|Course Type||Distance Education|
|Offered by||School of Management Studies- IGNOU|
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Basic Eligibility||Graduation with 50% Marks|
|Entrance Exam||OPEN MAT|
|Selection Process||Entrance Exam + Scores in Bachelor’s Degree|
|Course Fee||INR 37,800|
The OPENMAT exam date will be released shortly. Students must complete a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university for the application for the OPENMAT exam. Candidates who are willing to take admission to the Distance MBA course will have to possess good marks in the entrance exam. All the details about IGNOU MBA admission can be checked through this article.
What Are the Benefits of Doing Distance & Online MBA Program from IGNOU?
IGNOU offers a variety of distance and open courses and students can study in various disciplines such as management, commerce, the sciences, engineering, etc. While IGNOU offers various management programs, distance MBA is one of the best-known management courses.
Students may complete an MBA distance from the Institute with the specializations like Finance and Banking, Marketing Management, Management of Human Resources, Marketing, and more. Distance MBA is a comprehensive program, which offers you extensive management knowledge in various fields.
The distance learning system is well known throughout the country due to the involvement of technological platforms for online learning and self-learning. IGNOU’s distance MBA is valid everywhere and even employers have recognized valuable IGNOU degrees.
Distance MBA students can participate online in their courses and enjoy the privilege of online courses on applications such as Google meetings and Swayam. Students can also have a better understanding of concepts by using the printed self-learning material on their doorstep.
What is the Eligibility & Fee Structure for IGNOU Distance & Online MBA Course?
There are certain eligibility criteria that a student needs to comply with in order to take admission in the distance MBA of IGNOU:
- Candidates need to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates need to clear the OPENMAT entrance exam with a good score to get admission.
The fee structure of the distance MBA course at IGNOU is Rs. 37,800/- which is affordable as compared to other universities. Candidates can pay this fee online and also can draft a demand draft through a scheduled bank in the name of Indira Gandhi National Open University and send it to the nearest regional office of IGNOU. Read: Online MBA Fees In India College Wise!
How to Apply for Distance MBA Course in IGNOU? – Admission Procedure 2023
OPENMAT Online Application
The application form for OPENMAT has to be filled online. The steps to fill up the online application form for OPENMAT is given below:-
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Register yourself as a new candidate to create Login Credentials.
- With the accurate details fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of the self-attested photograph and signature.
- Choose the exam center according to your preference.
- Do not forget to re-check the details.
- Submit the application fees. The Application Fee of OPENMAT is INR. 800/- (600/- for reserved candidates)
- Finally submit the form.
NOTICE: Do not forget to take a screenshot of the confirmation page. Read: Online MBA Admission Step by Step!
The following documents must be uploaded while filling the online Application Form:
- Scanned image of Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card)=
- Scanned images of latest Photograph
- Scanned image of Signature
- Running Bank Account details
The selection process depends upon the result of the OPENMAT Entrance test, held twice a year.
- The result of the OPENMAT examination can be checked by simply visiting the official website of IGNOU.
- All candidates participating in the examination of OPENMAT would receive the result card on their addresses.
- It indicates whether the candidate has qualified or not based on the cut-off score for admission.
- The admission process can be followed on the basis of the score obtained during OPENMAT.
- The request form must be sent to the IGNOU regional office along with the relevant documents.
July OPENMAT score is valid for admission in January 1st half & July 2nd half. February’s OPENMAT score is valid for admission to July first half and January 2021 second half.
MBA Online Application
The step-by-step online application process for the Distance MBA course is mentioned here:-
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Click on the admission panel.
- Login to the panel using the login credentials created during the OPENMAT application.
- Select the course and the specialization.
- Select the nearest study centre.
- Re-check the details.
- Do the payment of the fees and submit the form.
- Scanned images of attested copies of 10, 10+2, and bachelor degree certificates.
- Scanned attested copy of IGNOU’s Grade Card as proof of having registered for the program.
- Experience Certificate if required.
- For reserved candidates – Scanned images of category certificate for SC/ST/OBC.
- Scanned image of Identity Card.
MBA Offline Application
For offline applications, the students need to visit the nearest regional centre of IGNOU. Purchase the prospectus and fill up the admission form attached with the prospectus. Attach the relevant documents with the form and demand draft of the fees.
Submit this form to the official in charge and take the slip of the payment from the officer. After submission, the university will verify the documents and send you the confirmation at your address. Read: Master of Business Administration Full form of MBA!
IGNOU Distance & Online MBA Course Prospectus 2023
The updated IGNOU Distance and Online MBA Prospectus 2021 can be downloaded from the official website of IGNOU. The prospectus is crafted to provide detailed information about the course to the students so that the students can get the answer to their all queries about the university and the course.
Students will find all the necessary information about the university including its achievements, prominent features, detailed information about the programs offered by the university, eligibility criteria, and also the applications of IGNOU’s online lectures like the IGNOU e-content mobile app and others. Read: MBA for Working Professionals In India!
Placement After IGNOU Distance & Online MBA Degree
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has its own campus placement cell, established in 2005. The cell carries out all the placements and helps students to obtain meaningful opportunities for employment. The cell was created to provide university placements for all students of each course and to solve placement-related problems.
However, the university’s Campus Placement Cell (CPC) does placement, job fairs, and enhances employability in the university’s regional centers. These cells actually encourage students to continue their distance learning and help them to secure a bright future. Read: Some popular job profiles that aspirants can pursue after completing an MBA course.